BOSS Waza-Air Headphones

So while gassing, I spotted a pair of these cheap as an open box Amazon Warehouse deal. I took the plunge. The USB charging cable was missing, but I've got enough of those. Charged them up, plugged it in, and out of the box, they sounded pretty good with an 80s Charvel. They did have that spacial thing going on, so that was kind of weird. It's sort of off to me, as I know how much I'm rotating, and the headphones sound like I'm rotating further. I know it can be turned off in settings.

I download the Android version of the app for the headphones. Here's where the fun starts. I get the bluetooth connected. I'm using the app, playing with some presets, and it just disconnects. So apparently I can't reconnect, unless I go into my bluetooth settings, unpair the headphones, and then pair them with the app again. You seemingly have to do this every time I want to use the phone app. Every so often, it just won't connect at all, and I have to put the headphones back into pairing mode again, and really do the whole thing like it was new. It really sucks. Like, can't believe they released this type of suck.

I was able to load one of the preset banks into the headphones, but I've not been able to change them. They seem pretty good though, and I really like playing completely wirelessly. Just going into the backyard with a guitar and headphones is the shit. If they would fix the app bullshit, and maybe have something online where you can download presets people upload, then I think this would fall into the great gear category. As is, I don't think they're worth $400. They are almost worth the $300 I paid, but I'd really have to knock another $50 with the bad communication problems.

Would be really grateful if Rick or others can solve this issue. I can’t connect to audio because the only option showing on my BT connections is WAZA Air MIDI. The Boss website says you should also have an option to choose WAZA Air Audio, but that option never appears. I’ve tried holding down the blue tooth button, disconnecting, turning off and on, but I still only get the MIDI option. Any ideas?

Would be really grateful if Rick or others can solve this issue. I can’t connect to audio because the only option showing on my BT connections is WAZA Air MIDI. The Boss website says you should also have an option to choose WAZA Air Audio, but that option never appears. I’ve tried holding down the blue tooth button, disconnecting, turning off and on, but I still only get the MIDI option. Any ideas?
Sorry for the delay, just saw this. I’ll take a look.

Update: Ok, I looked at this and noticed my iPad had both MIDI and Audio BT options, and the Audio one had automatically connected. But when I checked my iPhone there was only the MIDI option, with no Audio option showing.

Keep in mind that BlueTooth doesn’t like connecting to two devices at once. Sometimes you can overcome that by connecting the devices in a certain sequence, or selecting the ones you want and having the device “forget” those you don’t need.

In my case, to use the iPhone I turned off the iPad‘s Bluetooth so I could get the iPhone going. Still, it only showed the MIDI option. So I had the iPhone “forget” the MIDI option (click on “i“ next to that option, select forget). I then held the button on the headphones to enable BT pairing, and the Boss Audio option appeared in my BT options, and connected automatically.

So, you have to figure it out on your device, but make sure there isn’t another Bluetooth enabled device nearby when you’re connecting. Unbeknownst to you, the Audio option may be connecting to your girlfriends phone. And that could mean problems. Especially if you’re married. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom