Boss Metal Zone

metalgarth

Inspired
I'm wondering. Has anyone here used a Boss Metal Zone as a preamp directly into the effects return of a tube amp? It's actually MUCH better that way and has its own "amp sound" going on. Is it possible in the FM-9 to simulate this? Are there any amp blocks that are just a rack power amp? If not, maybe we need one or two. They could also be used with the Triaxis and Marshal JMP preamp models.

There are not.

The Tube Pre model set "flat" is the suggested model for simulating that.

The amp models of the preamps like Triaxis and JMP already include power amp modeling...
So M-Zone into tube pre set flat. Interesting.

I didn't realize the tube pre could kinda emulate an external power amp. It never ceases to amaze me just how flexible the Fractal stuff is in terms of rig building.

modeling the metal zone in the Fractal would awaken EVH and result in a rift into a new dimension
Then I'm all for it!!!! The Metal Zone as preamp is an oddball use case no matter you look at it for sure. I've gotten good results in "the real word" with it, but it definitely is not within the 'normal' parameters of high gain metal. It doesn't sound like a 5150/6505, Dual Rectifier, Soldano or Friedman or even a 'Swedish Chainsaw'. It just has its own thing.

reminded of it by this thread, took the M-Zone out for a spin into pushed JM45. Great drive model - brings back fond memories of my real Metal Zone long gone now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom