Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal

Boss HM-2?

• Total voters

Eschatologist

This legendary pedal HAS to be integrated in to the AxeFX, especially since they are hard to find now! Critical for getting the chainsaw guitar sounds of the early 90s Swedish metal bands!!! Anyone else agree??

They're really not that hard to find. A bit more of a challenge to find a MIJ one, but I did just that with no problem a few months back (ebay).

Still, I wouldn't mind if Cliff put the HM-2 in the Axe. ;)

I cant believe so many ppl voted no. Its not like you HAVE to use it. Let the DeathMetal guys have their cake....

I cant believe so many ppl voted no. Its not like you HAVE to use it. Let the DeathMetal guys have their cake....

The reason I voted "no" was not to take anything away from Death Metal guys. Instead, it was because I would prefer Fractal to develop things that benefit everybody. In the end, though, Fractal will do what they feel is best.

Okay, so explain this to me then. I dont follow.

What's not to follow? Dial in the sound on the Axe-Fx by ear using the real-life pedal as a reference. I've done this with a few pedals already, and even released them on this forum.

There are Boss HM-2's on eBay for ~$50. Just use your ears, man.

Dial it in yourself with the MT-2 simulation. Can't be that far off.

That is like saying dial the Marshall Plexi tone on your Fender Bassman, can't be that far off. You just don't know what you are talking about. There is a reason Mieszko Talarczuk hooked a sophisticated chain of Mesa preamp, Boss HM-2, and a Rectifier to make the Nasum records. There is a reason why My Bloody Valentine used Boss HM-2 to create that classical shoegaze sound and there is a reason why Dave Gilmour used Boss HM-2 in the eighties when he used Mesa Boogie preamps.

Boss HM-2 is a very specific type of pedal that just sounds like crap for most of the people so they will never use it because they do not know how. Someone on this forum said, however, that it is the limitations of your rig that force you to be creative not the endless options and versatility. For people who love this pedal, like me, YOU SIMPLY CAN TELL when you hear it.

Sure I would try to blend the fuzzes like Big Muff with Rat or Metal Zone and it will come close but this is not a joke that is only of interest to a bunch of crazy Swedish crusties!

oh metal is easy just a boogie and a tube screamer an 8x 12 and it replicates everything from George Lynch to Meshuggah right? and just turn every dial to 11. (if you dont know me by now, this is sarcasm and reminds me of a reply I once got for asking about different high gain tones)

i have a HM-2 and am currently running it through the fx loop on the ultra. it works a treat but would love to have one built into the axe-fx. would make life easier even though it would be less "purist" hahaha. that pedal is one of the greatest purchases i have ever made and would never part with it (both taiwan and japanese) ever. rumour has it boss may look at a hm-5 in the future, not a re-issue of the hm-2, but a new pedal but im not holding my breath or expecting it to be even close to the original. anyway, i would be thrilled to see the hm-2 in the axe-fx.

Back
Top Bottom