Boss GT-5 Controlling Scenes Using Custom Mapping

jonw

Inspired
Hi folks,

I hope this is the proper place to post this as I'm relatively new to the community.
I received my Axe-FX II only last week and am loving the tones so far.
I'm currently waiting on the arrival of my pre-ordered MFC-101 Mark III FC in early Dec,
but for now I pulled out an old friend in the shape of a Boss GT-5 to control switching.

I went through the process of mapping the GT-5's presets as follows

MAP FROM PRESET 23
MAP TO PRESET 23
MAP TO SCENE 1

MAP FROM PRESET 24
MAP TO PRESET 23
MAP TO SCENE 2

MAP FROM PRESET 25
MAP TO PRESET 23
MAP TO SCENE 3

etc...

The switching is fine, and functions exactly like it should visually (The scenes change on the display). But immediately when I
change from any scene to any other scene the output volume is gone. As if the unit has been muted or something like that.
It requires me to turn off the unit pull out the midi cable and restart the axe, I can then cycle through the scenes with the 'A' knob
without incident.

I've been through the whole pedal assignment scenario and am pretty sure it's not about assignments or anything.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The GT-5 is probably sending a 0 value for a volume CC. Go to the Axe-FX I/O: CTRL page and set "Input Volume" and "Output 1 Volume" to "NONE" while you still have sound, then switch presets/scenes with the GT-5.

The GT-5 is probably sending a 0 value for a volume CC. Go to the Axe-FX I/O: CTRL page and set "Input Volume" and "Output 1 Volume" to "NONE" while you still have sound, then switch presets/scenes with the GT-5.

That seems to have solved it. Thanks Bakerman. :)

Back
Top Bottom