BOSS GT-10 TO AXE FX II

Possibly, by hand and by ear and if you're not afraid it might sound better...?
Radley would probably be the all-knowing authority on this one... ;)

thanks! so i will wait for Radley for any software solution, i have some presets in gt-10 that i want to have in axe fx even some tweaking will be necessary!

AFAIK there is no software solution/converter, but he has a GT-10 and spoke a lot about it at the Roland forum.
He knows it well, so he can probably tell what is realistic and how, or that you won't feel the need after hearing the Axe ;)

I have both.. personally I wouldn't waste my time. It will be easier to start from scratch on the Axe and use your ears.

I suppose...

This might be akin to trying to get your new Porsche to handle like your old Hyundai?!?

Best of luck nonetheless!

Bill

I'm sure there's no direct way to do it, but if you like a particular patch, look at what's in it. Replicate that chain in the Axe. Then go effect by effect, using your ear or any indications you can find about "chorus type" or whatever and tweak til it sounds similar, but better. I've had several Boss boxes like that and gigged a GT-5 plus OD pedals for several years. The Axe is WAY beyond the Boss in terms of sound quality. You will definitely learn something about patch construction by trying to copy a few patches though.

Back
Top Bottom