Boss FV-500H not working as wah

That resets the I/O menu CTRL page to defaults. Any items that had been set to pedal 1 or 2 (like externals or in/out volume) will need to be set that way again.

Thanks Bakerman - I know it resets things, i jsut can't figure out how to change it back to a way that will allow it to work in thew way I need it to.

currently on the CTRL page, it look s like each of the settings is set for a midi channel - as each setting is a number :
Input Volume: 10
Out1 Volume: 11
Out2 Volume: 12
BYpass: 13

and so on. when i change those #'s, it allows my to change them from 0-128, but no option for external1 or 2 or anything else for that matter-

any thoughts?

If you press enter on the wah freq. knob, "source" should be set to one of the eight externals. If not just choose one of them, same as before if you remember.

Then go to the I/O CTRL page, locate that external # (left column) and change its setting to your pedal. If you're using the Axe-FX pedal 1/2 jacks it will be "pedal 1" or "pedal 2" in the list. Or you can press enter to use the learn function and move the pedal to make the setting.

Guys : I have experienced the same problems you have mentioned before with my Rocktron Hex pedal...............all I had to do is switch the kabels on one side of the stereo jack..so not the ground but the other 2 with each other ONLY one ONE side, the other stereo jack stayed original and voila : Hex pedal is working fine !
Hopefully it will help you ....
A+

I know this is a little late replying to the party but here's my experience/2 cents. I recently just upgraded from the Ultra to the Axe-FX II and the MFC. I bought two BOSS FV-500H's. First I tried regular mono patch cables = won't work. You have to have TRS or stereo cables (yes it says it all over the MFC manual so they aren't kidding). I then went to calibrate the BOSS with the new cables and noticed that you have to have the volume knob fully cranked in order to get the full sweep during calibration. Then I had a patch the has the Wah controller set to External 1, and I also set the Ext Ctrl 1 in the IO menu as well (I used "Learning" because it just seemed easier). Anyways, here's the good part: So everything was working except my sweep that was being recognizing was super short and seemed to be at the "high-end of the sweep" if that makes sense. So I dropped the volume on the pedal back down to nothing and wha la! full sweep! Anyway, I'm still working through the setup of my two pedals and the MFC so maybe I'll start a new thread for those that are going through and learning the same thing. Not sure if this helps but Cheers!

Hey Larry,
I will give it a try tomorrow, but I was not having any luck last time. I may have to go pick up a separate TRS cable next week to see if the cable is the issue since atleast a couple others are using the FV500H.

I don't have time to read all of the above. Did you try both Min and MAX positions of the MINIMUM VOLUME KNOB on the side of the pedal?

Ok I just added this pedal to my existing axefxUltra system 2 days ago. Now I do have a mfc 101 so you might have to use a different preset besides extren1 or 2...not sure what they label the inputs on the back of the unit if that's what Your using. I use the boss fv500h for vol and fv500l for wah but either will work for both jobs. Anyway this video helped me a lot!
keep your pedals min/max knob set to minimum.
This video uses the axefx2 but tis almost exactly the same with the ultra.
Good luck

Last edited:
Guys I've used and I use several Fv500h with a Roctron All Access and with a MFC MK3 ...
You have to use only stereo cables AkA TRS ...
Only way with some pedal ( like the boss ) to change from this is to use a Y cable ... Stereo to 2 mono

Watch the volume knob on the pedal ... For best operation NEEDS TO STAY AT MAX

If you use a Y Cable .. There is only one way the 2 Monos have to be plugged to the pedal for better operation... It's about Positive/ Negative things ... I suggest to try when calibrating the pedal to see the increase of maximum Cc

Hope this helps ...

Back
Top Bottom