Boss FS 5U

Rust in Peace

Hey guys,

So here's my situation...
I recently got a Boss FS-5U momentary foot switch to use w/ the pedal input on my Ground Control Pro. My objective is to use it for a tap tempo control because in a live setting I'd rather be able to use an external foot switch to stomp a tempo instead of tip toeing on an IA button. (i realize for tap tempo i could have gotten the latching foot switch as well).

Problem:
i set the foot switch to CC# 5 as well as on the axe fx w/ auto engage on. this worked fine when it was set for an IA button but doesn't work very well now with the foot switch. I have to hold my foot on the foot switch for a full second before it sends anything to the GC / Axe FX. This is an issue when i need to tap a fast tempo as it doesn't pick up my quick taps.

my question:
I can't tell if either the pedal itself is malfunctioning, i have something programmed incorrectly, or this is just the way the pedal works(and if so, would the Latching foot switch work better?)?

hope i was clear enough,
thanks!

I think I had the same problem as you. And that is the Pedal input on the GCP is a TRS (stereo input) and the Boss pedal is mono. So it just doesn't work.

I'm looking for a suitable pedal to be the solution or might buy the parts and use the Boss pedal housing.

Back
Top Bottom