Boss ES-8 with Axe-Fx 3

HI folks, I got fed up of trying to navigate through the MFC and make it work with the Axe 3. Though I had some success with that, I just got tired of it. I suppose MFC Edit may have made it easier, but I didn't want to spend more money on something that I plan to sell in the near future.

I suddenly realized that my Boss ES-8 has MIDI capabilities, and decided to give it a try.
It was so easy to program it, and I had basic scene switching and expression pedal working within 30 minutes.
I plan to add a few bypass effects and this should be sufficient for me until the FC comes out.

Just wanted to mention it here in case anyone has a ES-8 and hadn't considered this option to control the Axe 3.

Hey Poeticprizm, thanks for the post. I have also used my ES-8 to control my AXE 3. I've configured it by mapping it via PC (Example: PC1 - To Preset 0 - To Scene 1 and so on). However, by doing so, I have a limited number of presets I can configure as PC's go up to 127. 127 divided by 8 scenes each, it gives me 15 presets with 8 scenes each. I've been trying to understand if there is a different way to set this up to be more flexible. I just wanted to press Bank Up or Bank Down on my ES-8 and control Scenes from 1 to 8 within that preset. Any idea or hint is highly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom