Bonamassa sh!tstorm in 3...2...1....

I see joe secretly loving the Axe because he is a gear hoarder but he has been playing through amps and cabs for so long it might take him a few years to warm up to it. He might go the route of keeping all his gear on stage for looks and a backup and not telling anyone he went fractal on us.

Joe's playing one of my 'bursts tomorrow night. It's great to have these old guitars in incredibly capable hands in front of audiences who are into rock guitar.

How was the show? It must be a special feeling to be able to hear one of your guitars in the hands of someone like Joe B., on stage if front of a large audience.

I’m sure Joe Bonamassa was trying to be funny...not sarcastic. He is a great musician and showman. I saw him perform a few years ago; he was dynamic and humorous, yet humble. Prior to the concert, my wife and I went to dinner and found ourselves seated next to his table – I was about a foot away. It was impossible not to over hear his conversation about B.B. King. He wasn’t bragging but simply responding to questions. My wife, who didn’t recognize him, kept asking me why I seemed so distracted throughout the meal. :D

Last edited:
i agree! I think it was a funny joke. I think the some Axe Fx users get a bit sensitive. If the Axe Fx is working for you, who cares what anyone says or what famous guitar player is using it or not!

Into a MacBook to digital converter into an iPad.....yeah, really funny...haha.....not! I don't care about whatever some guitarist is using to play their instruments. But when you think a unit is to complicated, why you make it even more complicated by just talking nonsense? I would love the joke without the stupid tech talk.... Tech talk is only for those who were able to do something with it, the rest will istantely fail. That's it ;)

Personally, I love my own amp much more than any digital device. ;)

I love this RCFParty concert in Studio City at the Baked Potato postet earlier in the thread and wondered about the (guess what) great tone hehehe

And i just realised, Joe plays his dumble ...

Mr. Google helped me with this ;)

<< Joe was playing his Dumble rig with the TC 2290 and vertical 2x1 >>
JB_Rig_RCFP_dumble.jpg

Last edited:
Try to get past it, thinking that way is unhealthy. It was a nerd fest. We're nerds, what of it?

There were five people there I'd never met, invited because they wanted to come and play some old gear. Hell, Joe gave one of them an ad hoc lesson, seriously.

Joe's playing one of my 'bursts tomorrow night. It's great to have these old guitars in incredibly capable hands in front of audiences who are into rock guitar.

Hell, there's a forum member here who I've never met who's riding shotgun tomorrow night..........because he wants to come.

Love goes around.........share some, get some.

That comment wasn't intended to be negative in any way I liked the picture. Just reminded me of the pics on the front of my dad's fishing magazines especially with his hat n jacket. Joes cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom