Bonamassa sh!tstorm in 3...2...1....

Ok. I guess I just would have expected a comment or two from someone on the 7-figure collection of amazing vintage guitars and amps in that room.

I get that some guys aren't impressed, or maybe prefer to show disdain in the face of what could be interpreted as showing off. But personally... I'd have hacked off me left bollock for a chance to hang out with those guys that day.

Really appreciate your posting John!

I was trying to keep on topic with the whole JB thing, but yes, amazing collection for sure!

Why do you even bother at this point?

I completely agree. For the most part I never bother. Literally this discussion took place yesterday, and I had to at least set the facts straight. Lots of misinformed people and they need to realize where a persons opinion is coming from. The whole knock it when you haven't tried it thing. G1 to G3 is 8-10 years worth of improvements ya know?

+1 Thx for sharing some insides and the photos...

At his concert three weeks ago, i've heard the first time this special hammond with a leslie speaker live, what a great performance and unique sound.
After the second song the leslie stopped working, the keyborder was pretty upset and the technician crouched at the floor around...
Joes comment after the song, you killed it man.
Finally the technician found the bad switch/cable and the rotary thingy came back to live.

Haha He looks like one of those fisherman proudly showing their latest big catch!!!

Try to get past it, thinking that way is unhealthy. It was a nerd fest. We're nerds, what of it?

There were five people there I'd never met, invited because they wanted to come and play some old gear. Hell, Joe gave one of them an ad hoc lesson, seriously.

Joe's playing one of my 'bursts tomorrow night. It's great to have these old guitars in incredibly capable hands in front of audiences who are into rock guitar.

Hell, there's a forum member here who I've never met who's riding shotgun tomorrow night..........because he wants to come.

Love goes around.........share some, get some.

i took it as a full hit against anything digital, hence the bluetooth etc. mentions.

Thing is, him holding up an Axe FX II make sense...

Why?

Look under the Artists tab for that answer, as there are endorsements out the wazoo from many other very talented players...

Makes it easy for me to believe that he might own one...

That TV Junior is hot John. And the Marshall collection is pretty nice too. Looks like you had a great evening.

...We played around with the Axe, but I'll leave that for another day. It certainly caught Mike Hickey's attention, Joe's guitar tech.

Will you elaborate on this? Did Joe get to actually hear what the Axe can do? How'd you monitor? What firmware? What models? Is Mike gonna get one?

I was too flabberghasted by the pictures to ask earlier.

Next time you guys get together for another cork-sniff nerd-fest, invite Matt Picone. And me... my left bollock is a standing offer :)

Great thread ..... Carry on!! Getting Joe into Fractal HQ would worthy of a movie - not that we are lacking anything tone wise. Great players have always been nerd gear geeks / Page / Hendrix / May / Townshend all used the newest pedals / amps of the time - Marshall would not exist without Pete and Jimmy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the gear he owns and the way he plays, why would he even need/use an Axe Fx?

We change presets, he changes rigs.

We're chasing tones, he's already found them.

I'm not a fan, but respect! And I got the joke! "What's left of the signal..." LOL

^^^ to make more $ and not have to ship antique amps to far flung places for one night. Same reason The Edge uses it for one off gigs - we know the tones are as good and more consistent- easy to get /

^^^ to make more $ and not have to ship antique amps to far flung places for one night. Same reason The Edge uses it for one off gigs - we know the tones are as good and more consistent- easy to get /

If he's not worried about his money, why is that your concern?

I bet you he takes pride in what he does to preserve rock and blues tradition and in the maintenance/upkeep of his museum quality collection. I know I would.

Thanks for the comments, have a nice weekend.

If he's not worried about his money, why is that your concern?

I bet you he takes pride in what he does to preserve rock and blues tradition and in the maintenance/upkeep of his museum quality collection. I know I would.

Thanks for the comments, have a nice weekend.

Sorry if this upset you - I love Joes appreciation of classic gear I just meant it's not antithetical to using new gear -

I consider Joe a true new Generation guitar God as Eric J etc....

We should want them to push tone and gear because we have too much average poop - Fractal is important and so are players like JB

Seemed like an obvious joke from Joe B to me, I laughed when I saw the pic and shared it with my friends (some of whom are tube snobs, some are digital-only users) and everyone got a good chuckle out of it, from those who are fans of his music and those who aren't, equally.

I'm not the biggest fan of his music personally (or I should say, the general genre), but I AM a fan of who he is as an artist and as a guitar player.
I've never heard him described as anything less than a genuinely cool guitar and gear nerd and he seems like someone I'd enjoy hanging out with (I'm sure that'd make his day too, 'hey some random bar hack from Alabama approves of my attitude!').

Lighten up, I have a hard time believing any thought went into that picture and caption beyond 'haha hey take a pic of me holding this, let's freak people out a little bit', which is awesome of him.

I think some Axe Fx users need to update their own firmware to one with the 'sense of humor' mod ;)

i agree! I think it was a funny joke. I think the some Axe Fx users get a bit sensitive. If the Axe Fx is working for you, who cares what anyone says or what famous guitar player is using it or not!

Back
Top Bottom