Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet Tone Match

erockomania

Experienced
I've never obtained a preset other than from AxeEdit so please tell me if this worked :) (Used Snoize)

Anyhoo, I've been wanting to tone match my Bogner for a while now and finally got around to it today. I tonematched via the line out. I used a dummy load I put together so I didn't have to crank a speaker. I think it came out amazing! I dropped a TS808 mod and a OwnHammer Bogner IR in there to get this thing record ready.

I put all setting on the Bogner at noon and played bar chords up the entire fretboard to tone match. I also chimed some harmonics. While listening back and forth (I did the a/b/ pedal trick) it was nearly indistinguishable. Awesome. I also dialed in the gain range as Cliff suggests. Channel 2 only but that channel is friggin' great, so enjoy (if you can)!! :)

EDITED
working sysex with OwnHammer Bogner in user 30 slot (recommend the WF-6 sm57):
View attachment E's Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet TMA.syx

with German 4x12 v30:
View attachment E's Bogner Uber Twin Jet TMA2.syx

30 min write/record/mix/post...

Last edited:
I am afraid it did not. I gave it a shot with MIDI-OX and it showed a progress bar for a moment and then nothing. Also tried using axetools cli program, no dice. Hope you work it out I would love to hear it.

damn! It's 4kb each time I try to pull a preset. I'm on a mac and using Snoize... what could be up? I'll make a clip in the meantime... this thing is so close to my amp it's not even funny.

Ok, don't judge me on the playing or mix... lol... I just started this like 40 mins ago. I wanted to get the sample out there for you to hear. :)

I think I will decrease gain and get rid of the some of the "papery" quality, but this one is decent still. OwnHammer Bogner cab (sm57 WF-6)

Both are great! I like the 1st one with my strat, but the second sounds like it would cut thru a mix better - it's quite a bit cleaner too

Back
Top Bottom