Bogner Ecstasy - Steve Vai Die To Live / Alien Love Secrets Tone

I decided to give the Alien Love Secrets tone a go. I'm not sure if Steve used a Bogner Ecstasy when he recorded Die To Live, but I think the Euro Blue Modern in the FM9 got me closer than the Carvin Legacy. I find myself playing through the Euro Blue Modern model quite a bit nowadays, it tends to almost growl when it's pushed with a Tube Screamer or the Super OD.

I used scene 4 'Blue OD+' to record the video. I used York Audio Bogner cabs with V30s; however, to make the patch available to everyone for free I switched to the Legacy German 4x12 cab--I think it sounds 95% identical. Enjoy the video and the patch :)

-LAG

Video:

Attachments

• Bogner Ecstasy - LAG.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 83
Very Well done! If I can ask, what IRs of the York pack were you using? I have that pack and would be interested to know.
Thanks!

This just blew me away. Wow.
The sound, the touch. Amazing.
I loaded the preset into my fm9 and it sounds great. Now I just need to find your touch!

You captured the essence of that so well. I was wondering if you'd consider adding in a Euro Red for even higher gain. The song may not require it, but dialing in a Vai sound seems almost impossible and you obviously have a knack for this.

I'd certainly love to play through your take of the red. I'm certain others would enjoy it too.

I decided to give the Alien Love Secrets tone a go. I'm not sure if Steve used a Bogner Ecstasy when he recorded Die To Live, but I think the Euro Blue Modern in the FM9 got me closer than the Carvin Legacy. I find myself playing through the Euro Blue Modern model quite a bit nowadays, it tends to almost growl when it's pushed with a Tube Screamer or the Super OD.

I used scene 4 'Blue OD+' to record the video. I used York Audio Bogner cabs with V30s; however, to make the patch available to everyone for free I switched to the Legacy German 4x12 cab--I think it sounds 95% identical. Enjoy the video and the patch :)

-LAG

Video:

Great job. I had to play this when I was taking his berklee course. Best class I ever took.

Back
Top Bottom