Bogner Bogner Bogner

Warrior said:
Not sure what I did wrong but when I mix this and dump it into a cab slot it sounds very muffled.

Interesting....it is trebly/bright with my setup. I'm running an Ultra into an RCF ART 322A. And I've tried a range of guitars with it. I turned down the treble and presence in the amp block a bit and it is working better with my ears.

Chad said:
Warrior said:
Not sure what I did wrong but when I mix this and dump it into a cab slot it sounds very muffled.

Interesting....it is trebly/bright with my setup. I'm running an Ultra into an RCF ART 322A. And I've tried a range of guitars with it. I turned down the treble and presence in the amp block a bit and it is working better with my ears.

Did you mix the IR's or just import them into a cab?

Warrior said:
Chad said:
Warrior said:

Did you mix the IR's or just import them into a cab?

I mixed them using the mixer on the RedWire site.

You definitely captured some Bogner magic, Scott!

Here's a short clip done with my 20th Anniversary Shiva (with KT-88s) to compare: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1066636. The amp is loaded down with a Motherload Elemental. I do believe I used the same IRs as you did, so it might be quite a fair comparison.

(Red Wire Uberkab V30 2" Cap Edge @ 0db Royer 121
Red Wire Uberkab V30 2" Cap Edge @ 0db Shure SM57
Red Wire Uberkab V30 0" Back of Cab @ -25db Earthworks TC30)

Note that I did not record this to compare it to your clip, so I don't play similar licks etc. I also used less gain (ie volume was rolled back a bit).

Richard

Richard_G said:
You definitely captured some Bogner magic, Scott!

Here's a short clip done with my 20th Anniversary Shiva (with KT-88s) to compare: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1066636. The amp is loaded down with a Motherload Elemental. I do believe I used the same IRs as you did, so it might be quite a fair comparison.

(Red Wire Uberkab V30 2" Cap Edge @ 0db Royer 121
Red Wire Uberkab V30 2" Cap Edge @ 0db Shure SM57
Red Wire Uberkab V30 0" Back of Cab @ -25db Earthworks TC30)

Note that I did not record this to compare it to your clip, so I don't play similar licks etc. I also used less gain (ie volume was rolled back a bit).

Richard

Richard,

Cool man! Your clip sounds great. I owned 3 Shivas (all EL34 heads) and have not yet heard (till just now!) an Anniversary model. I have to cut a new clip doing what I do with that same sort of tone now... thanks for reminding me of this thread!!

Warrior said:

I've had the same problem when using the Redwirez to mix cabs, not sure why, sometimes they come out ok, other times they sound really wrong, I usually load a couple of them first on the Axe and mix within the Axe FX, then when I try to have them mixed at the Redwirez website, they sound completely different, in most cases like you describe, very muffled/bassy, I tried Scott's mix using the redwirez mixer, and it sounds nothing like the audio clip, BUT when just loading the Redwirez IR's already ready for the Ax Fx it sounds really good.

christopherzberlin said:
super nice tone!!!!! Cant wait to try the preset!!!

Chris,

That's not a 'preset'; that's his recording of his actual Shiva into the Axe-FX as a cab so he could record it.

Scott Peterson said:
christopherzberlin said:
super nice tone!!!!! Cant wait to try the preset!!!

Chris,

That's not a 'preset'; that's his recording of his actual Shiva into the Axe-FX as a cab so he could record it.

Actually (if you are talking about my clip), there was no Axe-FX involved at all. It was merely a clip of my 20th Shiva through a load box to compare with Scott's clip, using the same IR mix (in my DAW) to make the comparison as fair as possible.

But then again, he might be talking about your clip, Scott :)

It would have been cool to see how close you can make your Axe-FX patch, Scott, I believe you can make it nearly identical.

Richard

Hi everybody! I've been following the forums for some time. It's quite admirable how everybody helps each other out in here and listening to all your sounds in the recordings section convinced me to buy. I've been playing for 40 years and have owned it all....probably a few times lol!! Yup...you guessed it - it's all gone now and I'm the very happy owner of an Ultra running 9.03.

I've figured out now how to work the Axe now and love it! My problem is this - I'm not a "computer guy" at all. I bought the Redwirez cab IRs as so many of you use. I LOVE Scott's Bogner sound. I had a buddy download the patch for me but get no sound from it while in the Editor. My question is how do the Redwirez get "inside" the Ultra and how do you get those "Cab recipes" in too when there seem to be multiple cabs, mics etc but only one or two cabs available in my signal chain? Did I mention I'm not a computer guy? :roll:

I tried to follow the suggestions you guys make but can't get it working. I'm playing direct to FOH live now, and in my home studio I'm going direct into Cubase 4 with the Axe digital out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom