Bogner atma bad him with fx8 HELP!!!

I've figured out most all I need but I can't get rid of loud hum on the gain channel of the atma with fx 8..Using 4 cable method 4pre/4post. True bypass doesn't affect it. Noise gate can't stop it. unplug the fx8 it goes away. No hum with my analog pedalboard. Not using humbusters but we tried a couple trs cables and no change. I read here that some amps you can't get rid of the hum... If that's so this isn't a keeper for me. Must be silent! Pre/ post global at unity... Ideas? Help please! Hate to spend 70 bucks on humbusters when I see some posts here say it doesn't stop their noise problems..

I think you'd need to modify the trs cables to have them work as humbusters. Maybe search for that.

I've figured out most all I need but I can't get rid of loud hum on the gain channel of the atma with fx 8..Using 4 cable method 4pre/4post. True bypass doesn't affect it. Noise gate can't stop it. unplug the fx8 it goes away. No hum with my analog pedalboard. Not using humbusters but we tried a couple trs cables and no change. I read here that some amps you can't get rid of the hum... If that's so this isn't a keeper for me. Must be silent! Pre/ post global at unity... Ideas? Help please! Hate to spend 70 bucks on humbusters when I see some posts here say it doesn't stop their noise problems..

Because the FX8 uses AC power, a chassis ground is required. This can potentially cause a ground hum that your analog pedals may not. Humbuster cables should eliminate your issue. The FX8 manual contains instructions for constructing humbusters if you do not wish to buy new cables.

Ok so we are now doing a post only setup and there is no hum in the gain channel... But no drives or pre effects.so no cords in the pre in pre out section. Just running out front of amp into guitar

Ok so we are now doing a post only setup and there is no hum in the gain channel... But no drives or pre effects.so no cords in the pre in pre out section. Just running out front of amp into guitar

By removing the PRE stage from your amp, you have most likely removed the ground loop. If you don't plug the guitar into the FX8, but you plug the PRE out into the front of your amp, I am guessing the hum comes back. This is most assuredly a ground loop. The Humbuster cables should eliminate the issue.

I have the Atma and use it in 4cm. I need the humbuster cables for it to be completely hum free.

Also, keep the effects loop cables at the back away from the transformer in the amp. I've noticed that simply moving the cables at the back around can induce some hum. That's different than a ground loop, but hum nevertheless.

You need one for each output. So, if you are running MONO, you'll need 2: 1 for PRE and 1 for POST.

4CM USING HUMBUSTERS BLUE & BLACK ENDS.

FX8 Pre-out > to front of amp blue end.
amp LOOP send < to post in FX8 balanced cable
FX8 Post out> to amp loop return blue end

YES?

Back
Top Bottom