AFIII Blues on a '72 335

Axe-Master
One of my mates recently bought this 1972 (as far as they're aware) ES335 and was kind enough to let me borrow it for a few days. The frets are long gone and it's strung up with flatwounds so it definitely bites back when you push it but it sounds great. Preset attached for anyone curious.

Attachments

• Dr. D.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 50
One of my mates recently bought this 1972 (as far as they're aware) ES335 and was kind enough to let me borrow it for a few days. The frets are long gone and it's strung up with flatwounds so it definitely bites back when you push it but it sounds great. Preset attached for anyone curious.

Sounds awesome Leon I’m going to load this right now and check it out always love your videos and your your kindness of always sharing…

Great tone Leon! My brother has a '66 ES335 (paid a whopping $300 for it long ago) and I'm wondering what strings you'd recommend to use along with your preset. Of course having your ability too would help way more than any strings, but you do what you can. ;)

Great job, Leon, not only with the tone but the always-superb playing that you share with us so regularly. I have a ‘72 SG, and the pickups they were making in those days had a nice tone that cut through. You put them to good use!

Back
Top Bottom