Blue Mo-Fi Headphone review.

Update:

I love my Mofi's.

As, apparently, so does my new puppy. While on a trip out of town, she decided that she would climb up on a chair and chew the one thing that that smelled the most like dad.

Sad_Blue_mofis_zpsm1mdfpjh.jpg

My experience with their customer service has not been quick, or especially helpful. They've now asked twice for information that's already in the email (and that's after waiting 4 days for a response.) They have another 2 days at my present patience level, and then I just may try some others around that price range (and send them back if they don't live up to what I had in the Blue's...)

Sigh.

R

OUCH! Good luck!

Update:

I love my Mofi's.

As, apparently, so does my new puppy. While on a trip out of town, she decided that she would climb up on a chair and chew the one thing that that smelled the most like dad.

My experience with their customer service has not been quick, or especially helpful. They've now asked twice for information that's already in the email (and that's after waiting 4 days for a response.) They have another 2 days at my present patience level, and then I just may try some others around that price range (and send them back if they don't live up to what I had in the Blue's...)

Sigh.

R

Update:

I love my Mofi's.

Sigh.

R

Noooo! Hope you get that sorted!

Sorry to hear that. I love my MoFi's as well. My experience with their customer service wasn't the greatest either. I had gotten the cable tangled & torn and had to jump through several hoops via email just trying to get a replacement cable that I was paying for. I eventually got it sorted and made sure I got a couple extra in case it happened again. The customer service rep I dealt with reminded me of a barista malcontent. That being said, they have been my favorite pair of headphones I've ever owned.

I've had to deal with them twice; once for a lost cord and the other time the headphone's wouldn't charge. Neither were the fastest, but they took care of it and they were pleasant. Doesn't seem to be the biggest staff on the planet, but I had good experience with them and was satisfied with the outcome.

Good luck.

Interesting review and comments, I've been using standard headphones for years and have been curious about these for a while. One noob question: If you are working with them and the charge runs out, will they still work on the "off" power position? I'm not sure I'd really actually do that, as I am sure the sound would change a bit, but I was curious if you could do it.

@electronpirate Man, I just cringed when I saw that picture.

Bad dog!!!

Mine finally arrived in California for warranty repair (probably replacement). They would no longer take or hold a charge. Just within the 2 year period, thankfully. Hoping for a very fast turn around.

They are good headphones that just happen to work exceptionally well with the Axe FX.

I want to try the PSB, OPPO, and NAD closed back ones.

Bad dog!!!

Mine finally arrived in California for warranty repair (probably replacement). They would no longer take or hold a charge. Just within the 2 year period, thankfully. Hoping for a very fast turn around.

They are good headphones that just happen to work exceptionally well with the Axe FX.

I want to try the PSB, OPPO, and NAD closed back ones.

I just wish they didn't weigh so much...............but I bet they made a tasty treat for puppy

One noob question: If you are working with them and the charge runs out, will they still work on the "off" power position?

I believe so - I own a pair and love them. I went through 4 or 5 different sets (even with separate power amps) and the MoFis were the wienners! j/k seriously though, a good option at that price point.

Sorry to see that chew toy just laying there ... all helpless and such ...

I picked up the Lola model recently. They are much better picking out detail and low end than my AKG Q 701. My mixes translate a bit better. I would definitely recommend these for the Axe.

Has anyone tried the newer Lola? It appears to be the same headphones without the built in amp... at lower weight and price. Opinions?

/QUOTE]
I love mine. No regrets getting them. I find them comfortable. I debated on the MoFi but am glad I saved the money. I can only imagine needing the built in amp with a phone or something.

I've never used the built in the power amp and they always work fine. I'm sure the battery has needed a recharge for months. I'm normally just using them with 1/4in inputs on my Apollo or other higher quality interfaces. I think the power amp was intended for phones and other consumer devices.

I always use the built in power amp. It does get noisy when the battery gets tired, but they work just fine without engaging it...

It's only when I want to blast a song late at night...woo.

And I'm still in support hell with them. If I didn't love them, I would have picked up something else a week ago, but there you go.

And I'm not experiencing good device karma lately...took a tumble slipping on wet surfaces with dress shoes (no TRACTION...shit) and shattered my iPhone screen. Now I'm off to the Sprint store to find out how much THAT will cost me.

But I have FW 4.0 dammit! So all is good.

R

I always use the built in power amp. It does get noisy when the battery gets tired, but they work just fine without engaging it...

It's only when I want to blast a song late at night...woo.

And I'm still in support hell with them. If I didn't love them, I would have picked up something else a week ago, but there you go.

And I'm not experiencing good device karma lately...took a tumble slipping on wet surfaces with dress shoes (no TRACTION...shit) and shattered my iPhone screen. Now I'm off to the Sprint store to find out how much THAT will cost me.

But I have FW 4.0 dammit! So all is good.

R

Uncanny! My one year old Lab decided to take paperwork off my desk while I was away a couple days ago and shredded it. My office looked like it had snowed in there. LOL One of the papers had a 5K check attached and I after hours on the phone explaining that my pup ate the check i have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get a replacement. BAD DOG!!! :)

And just this morning I dropped my iPhone and shattered the glass.

Do not go through sprint to get your phone fixed. They charge a fortune. There are many 3rd party places, depending on your location, where they replace the glass on iPhones. For me locally, the cost varies between $100 to $140. You can also buy do it yourself kits for under $50 but its a tedious process.

PS. I tried the MoFi's and they sounded nice. I have several high end cans I like better but the Blue's were top notch. I just could not deal with the weight!

Yeah, puppies surprise you when you think you have all their tricks covered...

Oh, I've had that phone for 2 1/2 years, it was time for a new one. I bought one to avoid those silly 'tie you in for life' things.

I'll fix it for about $80 some other place and let my girls use the old one.

What top end cans do you like better?

R

I have set of Sennheiser HD650's that I have always loved. I also was very fortunate to be on a plane sitting next to Joe Grado years ago and subsequently got a good deal on a set of GS1000's. At the time they were a new top of the line product and well over a thousand dollars so no way I would have gone that route without some incentive. :)

The Grado's are not completely flat though and have that Grado sound I love. The Senn's are a little more flat. I have no problems though making the adjustments to compensate for any differences between them and my monitors. Also, my ears tend to get hot when using cans not to mention the uncomfortableness after some time period. The Grados are featherweight and just look cool with the mahogany backs IMO. The soundstage is tremendous!

Back
Top Bottom