Blocks turning on randomly - SOLVED

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Several times recently, I've been playing a preset I'm working on, and a block that's bypassed turns on by itself. Most of the time it's the Plex Delay set to a huge wash, so it's really obvious; once it was a parametric with a pretty obvious gain change.

I'm not touching the unit, computer is off, not doing anything on the FC12, and anyway, I'm in the scenes layout, there aren't any switches that turn individual block on and off.

Anyone else seen this?

Dunno, it's stays plugged in since I use it all the time when I'm playing, and it doesn't happen often enough to do a meaningful experiment.
you might not ever solve it leaving it plugged in.

i'm not aware of anything on the axe itself causing blocks to turn on. small chance you have a Stand-In switch setup and it's turning on with no external pedal plugged in.

I get what you're saying of course about not being able to troubleshoot it by just leaving everything the way it is. But it doesn't happen enough to make it a priority, or that having it not happen for a week with things hooked up another way proves anything.

I've never set up a stand-in switch for anything. Don't know much about them even, never had the need. My FC12 is pretty close to factory default settings, maybe exact.

I've never set up a stand-in switch for anything. Don't know much about them even, never had the need. My FC12 is pretty close to factory default settings, maybe exact.
Just curious - did you reset the factory layouts when you got your FC-12? Mine came with a quick start guide saying to perform that reset before use.

If not, maybe there's something to Chris's idea on a stand in switch random mis-fire.

Not 100% positive I reset them but I think so.

Is there any way to see what's different from the factory defaults? I'm not gigging any more, just playing and exploring, and I haven't gotten serious about footswitch setup yet, don't know what I actually want to do. There's so much the FC12 can do, and a finite number of switches, it's not at all obvious what I'd want in a real gig or jam situation.

I mostly live in the default scenes layout, with a few per preset switch hold functions just to check them out. Come to think of it, that's worth investigating. I know I didn't set up anything like that in this preset itself, but maybe it descended from one that had one, and turning on the Plex Delay is exactly something I might have wanted to try. Most of my presets so far don't have that block, so I wouldn't have stumbled onto it, but this one does.

The more I think about it, I bet that's it. Will check in the morning.

But it doesn't happen enough to make it a priority...

They why are you posting this question?

Chris is giving you the best steps to troubleshoot your problem and you're telling him it doesn't happen enough to make it a meaningful test....???

I mostly live in the default scenes layout, with a few per preset switch hold functions just to check them out. Come to think of it, that's worth investigating. I know I didn't set up anything like that in this preset itself, but maybe it descended from one that had one, and turning on the Plex Delay is exactly something I might have wanted to try. Most of my presets so far don't have that block, so I wouldn't have stumbled onto it, but this one does.
Yup, that was it, pilot error.

They why are you posting this question?

Chris is giving you the best steps to troubleshoot your problem and you're telling him it doesn't happen enough to make it a meaningful test....???
Yeah. Posted because it was weird and I wanted to understand.

Didn't happen a lot because I don't accidentally long press a lot, and most of my presets don't have either Plex Delay or a hold function to turn that on, much less both, but this one does.

Yup, that was it, pilot error.

Yeah. Posted because it was weird and I wanted to understand.

Didn't happen a lot because I don't accidentally long press a lot, and most of my presets don't have either Plex Delay or a hold function to turn that on, much less both, but this one does.
Ok, so your original post had bad information:
I'm not touching the unit, computer is off, not doing anything on the FC12

Ok, so your original post had bad information:
Yeah, true. It felt to me like it came out of nowhere, especially because my Plex Delay setting takes a little bit to build up.

So, IS there any way to see what's different about my current FC setup from the factory defaults?

Back
Top Bottom