Blocks Bypass mode questions

hi

I notice that when i engage a multydelay or delay (with a lot of feedback) blocks, some notes i have played before engaged the blocks are processed by the effect.

But the bypass mode of these block are "THRU", i think that the signal must be processed only when the block is engaged in this mode.

Am i wrong? Why?

Or it's a bug? Could it be solved in a future update?

Thanks for your response

In THRU mode, the block is still processing the signal through the effect at all times, regardless of whether the effect itself is on or bypassed. When the block is turned on, you'll hear any delays that haven't already faded out.

Setting the bypass mode to "Mute Fx In" will send the signal to the effect only when the block is turned on, so you won't hear delay tails from those previous notes you played.

Have a read about the other bypass states in the manual, or the wiki: Effect Level, Mix and Bypass - Axe-Fx II Wiki

In THRU mode, the block is still processing the signal through the effect at all times, regardless of whether the effect itself is on or bypassed. When the block is turned on, you'll hear any delays that haven't already faded out.

Setting the bypass mode to "Mute Fx In" will send the signal to the effect only when the block is turned on, so you won't hear delay tails from those previous notes you played.

Have a read about the other bypass states in the manual, or the wiki: Effect Level, Mix and Bypass - Axe-Fx II Wiki

The manual does not mention this but instead:

"THRU – When bypassed, the block is completely disengaged. None of its parameters have any effect on the sound; it behaves exactly as if it were never there in the first place."

I've try "mute FX in". The problem is, in this situation, the "mix" parameter affect the globlal level of the signal. With a mix at 70%, the global level decreases a lot... The solution is increase the post level at the scenes which not use the block. But this generates another problem: The level of delay tails increases at the passage of a scene with the delay block at a scene without this block...

Do you have a tip to resolve this?

The manual does not mention this but instead:

"THRU – When bypassed, the block is completely disengaged. None of its parameters have any effect on the sound; it behaves exactly as if it were never there in the first place."

They're referring to the audible SOUND, as it says at the beginning of that quote, "when bypassed" - meaning it passes your guitar tone in and out of the block with no alterations. You do not hear the effect of any parameter in the block, just as if it wasn't there. (In other bypass modes, sometimes the level or balance controls still function when bypassed.) In the background in THRU mode, signal is still sent "THRU" the effect processing at all times, but it's inaudible when bypassed. When you engage the effect, you hear what the parameters are, and have been doing. If you don't want signal entering the effect when it is bypassed, use Mute FX In.

You're right though, it's odd that this isn't mentioned in the relevant sections of either the Axe-Fx II manual or the FX-8 manual. (I just looked at both.) Perhaps it was a simple omission, or maybe it was intentionally left out for the sake of simplicity?

I've try "mute FX in". The problem is, in this situation, the "mix" parameter affect the globlal level of the signal. With a mix at 70%, the global level decreases a lot... The solution is increase the post level at the scenes which not use the block. But this generates another problem: The level of delay tails increases at the passage of a scene with the delay block at a scene without this block...

Do you have a tip to resolve this?

Use the LEVEL parameter in the delay block to increase or decrease that block's volume, rather than adjusting Scene levels.

Back
Top Bottom