Blocks between my AxeIII, FM9, FM3, AxeII and yep, AX8

rnjscooter

Power User
Hello all. So, today I started creating a back up version of my Axe3 that I will use on smaller gigs and may eventually fly with depending on circumstances. I saved all my Axe 3 presets and imported them flawlessly into my FM9. As I was going thru my FM9 just cleaning up things I noticed my Wah block didn't have my usually saved Wah. I thought that was weird and began investigating. After about 24 hours of investigation I realized that I haven't created any Wah blocks since my Axe2. So I went thru all my files on my mack and found the Wah block I was looking for and even found it in FM3 edit and AX8 edit. Yep, I have owned literally one of every fractal product ever lol

So saying that, I was blown away that I never took the time to understand that this blocks exist in Axe edit or FM edit etc.. So now I found every Wah block I have ever created and this is my Q.

Can I drag, let's say a Wah block, but ANY block for that matter, into Axe Edit 3 blocks on my mac, that were originally were in my FM3 edit, or AX8 edit, or Axe2 edit? And will the block I created in one of my earlier rigs show up in AxeIII edit where I can access it?

Thanks everyone!

PS should tis have been and Axe Edit thread?

blocks are compatible between the 3rd gen products: FM3, FM9, Axe3. this was a conscious decision.

2nd gen products will not instantly be compatible with 3rd gen: Axe2 AX8 FX8

many people are changing their Edit directories to the SAME folder for all 3 units so they all share.

do know that newer firmware with completely new features of course won't port over to older versions of that block on other units, but generally speaking 3rd gen blocks play well with each other.

blocks are compatible between the 3rd gen products: FM3, FM9, Axe3. this was a conscious decision.

2nd gen products will not instantly be compatible with 3rd gen: Axe2 AX8 FX8

many people are changing their Edit directories to the SAME folder for all 3 units so they all share.

do know that newer firmware with completely new features of course won't port over to older versions of that block on other units, but generally speaking 3rd gen blocks play well with each other.
Thank you Chris, looks like I may be starting from scratch then. Oh Well!🤘🏼

I have wondered this also because I have been using my Axe II more lately, after using my FM3 more. I have really tried to make use of the Block Library on the FM3, and wondered why I never used that feature much on the II.

Back
Top Bottom