Wish Block Insertion

That’s a big ask I think. How would it determine what row to put it on? What if all rows are already used?

@GlennO mentioned a "snap back" to cover those. If it can't be inserted, it fails and leaves you where we are already today.

Connections break so you don’t get sudden loud noises from the new block creating potential feedback loops. It happened with early versions of the Axe and was not fun.

I agree improvement in this area would be welcome, but the box can’t know what we’re wanting in our minds.

There is a lot of room for improvement with the blocks and connections, even with just moving existing blocks around. It seems like the algorithm parses connections from the Input block to the end of the line (be it an Output block or a Feedback Send block) whenever you move a block, which makes it difficult when using parallel paths for the algorithm to get the move right without dropping the connection. It might work better if it looked at the 8 blocks immediately adjacent to the block being moved, before it moved and at the potential drop point, to determine if the move was going to make the existing connections impossible. I think this would also extend to placing a new one in the middle, at least when there is enough room to do it without using a send/return to "wrap" the line....

Back
Top Bottom