Wish Block Grouping

AlexMania

Inspired
Some of this has already been wished for, but I wanted to expand on it.

Wish 1) Be able to save a group of blocks into my library as 'one' so I can load all the blocks in one pass. This is useful because I don't use IR's but rather the Amp In The Room setup using a filter and two EQ blocks. I'd love for the group of three to be 'my cab' so I can load it easily.

Wish 2) Exclusive groups for control switches and more of them! I would like to be able to assign control switches 1,2,3 to exclusive group A, and 4,5, and 6 to exclusive group B. This would allow two sets of 'exclusive' groups. I only use one modulation at a time and being able to turn off the other two when I select the third is huge for me. This would also allow me to select between different delays without affecting the modulation exclusives.

Wish 1) Be able to save a group of blocks into my library as 'one' so I can load all the blocks in one pass. This is useful because I don't use IR's but rather the Amp In The Room setup using a filter and two EQ blocks. I'd love for the group of three to be 'my cab' so I can load it easily.
Save the preset as a template.

Hi Greg. 100% have done that. I have quite a few presets where I prefer the Cab and quite a few where I don't. In my initial preset with this config, I had the three blocks on when the cab was off by assigning them all to a control switch and 1 on when the others were off, etc. This let me quickly go back and forth and see which I preferred. I have them in my library already, but being able to bring up one block (in my fantasy where it's really three blocks grouped together) and assign the control switch to the bypass as opposed to doing it three times becomes a time saver.

That said, agreed that it's a convenience. Having different exclusive groups on the other hand....Thanks!!!!!

I was thinking of a similar wish for the FM9 and found this post. I like the idea of a block group (block-chain?...) to emulate some classic or well-established pedals / FX that require combining blocks. Recent threads I've read discussing Vol+Wah as a pedal combo, and the MuTron III mention Fractal's paradigm of not implementing new blocks that can be realized as a combination of existing blocks. Totally reasonable, IMHO. So, wouldn't it be great if we could save combinations to our library, or export for sharing?

Back
Top Bottom