Bliss

youngmic

Inspired
I can't get over how much more organic all the amps sound. Seems like Cliff made some comments about non-linearity, or unpredictablility, or something to that effect. The Dirty Shirley is uncanny. Blooming, harmonically rich and varying tones with massive pick sensitivity. Bends sound like a glass slide.

I thought things were pretty well close enough a couple of releases ago. But then, I've only owned 3 amps - a Boogie, an Egnater, and a Matchless. Well, I did have a little Yamaha and a Polytone but those don't really count. :) Anyway, I don't think I knew what I was missing. I don't go for hyperbole and usually prefer to understate things. I am in heaven with the tone out of this box. Someone mentioned in another thread that sustain had somehow been reduced. Are you kidding me? I have never played through a rig that sings more effortlessly.

There are layers of character upon character in every note. With every nuance of finger and pick, you can bring out a different expression. I love the way a solidly executed, fairly wide vibrato sounds. The friction of the string against the fret brings out even more nuance. And the nuance isn't hidden in shallow emulation. Cliff seemed surprised that improvement poll results reflected a much more significant improvement than he expected. Sometimes, like that second wind that re-energizes you, that last 10% is like an exponential lift.

This thing is pure genius. And Cliff, I'll say it again - you're an artist. Congratulations. I have a feeling this thing is going to become as standard as Les Pauls and Strats in the hands of countless pros.

Last edited:
I can't get over how much more organic all the amps sound. Seems like Cliff made some comments about non-linearity, or unpredictablility, or something to that effect. The Dirty Shirley is uncanny. Blooming, harmonically rich and varying tones with massive pick sensitivity. Bends sound like a glass slide.

Somehow I just discovered the Dirty Shirley and I too find it amazing.

Back
Top Bottom