Blending clean tone with high gain for extra pick attack, string noise

I am using an FM3, so cannot be done, unfortunately.
Ah….gotcha. Try using a mono delay block set to 1-3 ms, 100% wet, on your “DI” chain. You can play around with the latency required. Avoid filter or EQ blocks on just one chain. Make sure both signals pass thru the same filter and EQ blocks, or at least the same amount. That should help with the phasing.

I don’t really use any drive pedals that invert. I know the real life versions of most Boss drives, KOT and lovepedals do. May have to avoid those if running parallel.

I'm experimenting with this and I hear phase issues whenever there is a clean sound mixed with a amp+cab signal at some point. It gets worse if you drop a comp and drive pedal. I'm guessing this is because the signal get slightly delayed when going through drives or compressors. Does anyone else experience this issue?

Maybe it's possible to use IR aligning in cab block?

I don’t really use any drive pedals that invert. I know the real life versions of most Boss drives, KOT and lovepedals do. May have to avoid those if running parallel.
Cliff mentioned in some recent thread that no blocks do phase inversion, no drives are doing this. I believe it was a discussion of a recent OD-1 addition.

Cliff mentioned in some recent thread that no blocks do phase inversion, no drives are doing this. I believe it was a discussion of a recent OD-1 addition.

I saw that as well. If that is the case, then you can manage latency fairly easily with the delay block.

Back
Top Bottom