"Bleed" drum cover

He’s not playing all the notes we're hearing unfortunately. He did a Tooth and Claw cover that blew up, but he’s really not playing all the notes there either.

Clearly he’s talented “for a young person” and as a normal person too. But bleed is primarily 4/4 basic hands with the feet doing all the work. His transition sections aren’t very correct.

He is doing a great job for his age, but it’s unlikely he could play this without the track (with a real band) and if we heard just his drums and not also the track, it might not be as impressive.

Again, mad talented for the age. But check out some of his other videos like Dance of Eternity (or was it instrumedley?) by dream theater. Clearly not really knowing what he’s doing there and doesn’t sound good. People wouldn’t be impressed with that one, just as an example.

I just hope he knows the drumming basics and isn’t just learning this over the top stuff. I’ve seen too many kids go wrong doing that. Can’t play a normal gig to save their life but they can play polyrhythms in specific songs pretty well.

here he is at 7 playing the song where you can hear just his drums. it's mostly there, but it's kinda not at places too. again. i KNOW he's 7. and this is great. it's amazing but comments all over are like "he's nailing it all" and he just simply isn't. i really have no idea what we're actually hearing in the video you posted.

at 1:35 in this video, it definitely falls apart because it's a very tough pattern that goes over the bar lines. but he's trying, and that's great! but he's just factually not "nailing it all" unfortunately.

it's unfortunate when people want to show their skill level on an instrument, but then do overdubs for primary parts, or even the whole thing.

this next guy came up in a recent "people speeding up their videos" thing on youtube.

he says he never overdubs and everything is real. "All drums were recorded LIVE"

but within the last 2 months or so turned off youtube comments. if this camera footage is the actual take and what we are hearing, can anyone explain to me 0:52 and 1:44 in the video? he says he doesn't overdub or add to the takes. then where does that snare sound come from when he's clearly not playing in the video?

if you aren't overdubbing, why downvote comments that questioned those points in the video, and then why turn off all comments too?

Last edited:
It's just nuts that kids get any good this early. I sort of remember myself (very vaguely) at this age. Another kid we were friends with (same age) stole some cigarettes from his dad and we smoked them for a while until parents noticed that we both smelled like ashtrays. That was the extent of my achievement at 8 years old and for quite some time thereafter. OTOH I haven't smoked since, so that wasn't a total waste of time I suppose. :laughing:

Sorry, but other than a few fast fills and repeated shots of his feet moving fast, I did't see anything all that remarkable about this kid's playing. Aside from the fast kick drum, the hands are doing easy stuff. And he's beating the drums, not playing them. Also, lots of things looked off time...like cymbal crashes. (Although you can't hear them, because I suspect whoever edited the video made sure to remove the audio clams.) I suspect dad is a little too eager for his little spawn to become a money-making YouTube sensation. Hopefully the kid can get some legit mentoring from a good teacher and become the drummer his dad wants him to be.

Bleed although it looks simple what he's doing it really isn't. same with the instruments playing. The patterns are crazy, and your forearm will be screaming after trying to get through this song on guitar. Props to the little bugger, he's giving it hell.

Despite what others here are saying here, his double pedal speed and technique look amazing, especially for his age. 🤘

Despite what others here are saying here, his double pedal speed and technique look amazing, especially for his age. 🤘
I guess I'm old school. There's a lot more to making music than speed and technique, IMO. Props to the kid, though. He's playing drums better than I can.

I guess I'm old school. There's a lot more to making music than speed and technique, IMO. Props to the kid, though. He's playing drums better than I can.

He's 8 years old. He's working on technique. Give him until he's 9 at least for musicality. :mask: 🤘

He's 8 years old. He's working on technique. Give him until he's 9 at least for musicality. :mask: 🤘
Habits die hard. Might have to start over an relearn some things. I just hope he eventually focuses on it. Some songs that are less technical and basic 2/4 snare he has trouble with.

Back
Top Bottom