Blank Green Screen - HELP!!!!!

orbantracs

Inspired
Axe is not working at all. Rebooted itself after only about a minute of play now it only lights up a blank screen and doesn't respond to any buttons or typical start up recovery procedures.

- Holding recall on boot does nothing
- holding page buttons on boot does nothing
- utility + value knob does nothing
- doesn't show up in axe edit or fractal bot
- tried booting with all cables (except for power of course) unplugged

I have a show in less than a week so I'm kind of freaking out. please help!

If it cant be fixed and you are stuck im in Puyallup, I could loan you mine for a gig as long as you don't mind me standing by the side to keep an eye on my baby (the axe) and your not going on tour 8)

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for me to back up all of my presets again....I usually do before every firmware upgrade......do you happen to have a copy of your stuff on the PC?

Man that is incredibly nice of you. I actually have a buddy that has one as well, haven't asked him if I can borrow it yet though hahaha. Unfortunately I haven't backed my presets up in months so if i do that I will need time to get everything tweaked to where it needs to be.... really kicking myself right now for not being more diligent with backups. I was hoping I could get it to at least respond to fractal bot so I could back things up. I'm going to pull the top off and see if anything is unseated.

If anyone has any other ideas it would be much appreciated. I've submitted a support ticket but I doubt I'll hear anything until Monday.

i wouldn't put a lot of faith in this, but remove the power cable from the outlet and the axe. Let it sit for a few minutes & then plug it back in and try to boot. I've seen it work with PCs - it's just an oddball thing. With no display, my fear would be something is fried. Good luck!

So I was able to fix it, here's what I found:

Popped the case open, noticed some slight rattling coming from underneath the mobo. I then noticed that there was one screw missing from the mobo that attaches it to the case. I removed all of the screws, most where so loose that I could by hand. Unscrewed all the I/O from the back and slipped the mobo out. There it was, a screw in the back left corner. I couldnt tell exactly where it was, but it was somewhere under the control I/O, pedal and ethernet. I didn't see any damage to the underside of the board except for maybe some scratches on the shielding around that area of the mobo so I just put everything back together. Powered it on and viola, it works.

This whole thing is incredibly bizarre to me, I would have thought that would have ruined my axe (making a connection across jumper points on the underside of the mobo??) but apparently it didn't. I am still a bit worried that damage has occurred and frustrated that pretty much every mobo screw was loose enough to unscrew by hand. I sent my unit back for repair about a year ago so I'm guessing the tech who did the work was having a bad day.... It is kept in a shock mounted flight case not in a paint shaker, so I don't know how I could have caused this. Anyway, I'm sure I will get flamed for the hint of criticism but there's the scoop on what happened to me. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else! Thanks everyone.

You should have hit those screws with some thread locking compound before you did it back up, just to be sure they don't work themselves loose again.

You should have hit those screws with some thread locking compound before you did it back up, just to be sure they don't work themselves loose again.

yea I thought about that but I had to work fast because I had to get back to rehearsing. If that shit happens to me again I'm just cursed haha.

Back
Top Bottom