Blame Canada (Post)? - AXE FX II Shipping to Canada - Definitive Answers Thread

Are you in Canada and wanting to order an Axe-Fx II?

• Total voters
I already got my AxeFX II from TM a while back. I forgot to mention that my comment was about the MFC-101 :)

Avenyr, I ordered mine off the Fractal site. Shipped UPS. Taxes and shipping brought the unit near the $2500 mark. When UPS showed up (fortunately, I had some time off over Christmas, so was able to be at home when they arrived), the driver handed me the box, looked at his electronic clipboard and wished me a good day before going back to his truck. Done deal. The box had been inspected by Canada Customs and resealed with their packing tape... only a few marks and scuffs here and there... nothing out of the ordinary (it was double boxed). Pretty painless overall... aside from the shipping charge.

Damn... I just noticed you were talking about the MFC... well, regardless... UPS did their job without issues.

That's good to hear ! Since the AxeFX II is made in USA, I don't have any fear with getting double gouged by UPS, however, I'm not sure where the MFC-101 is made and it could be a problem. I doubt it will but it could be a nice opportunity for UPS to slap on some extra fees just for the hell of it.

Anyone who had a UPS delivered MFC-101 from Fractal is free to comment :)

What am I missing here?
Has Canadian shipping of the Axe-FX II been restored or not?

Yes, now you can purchase from the Fractal Store and get your purchase delivered to Canada. Taxes are charged at checkout which seems to be avoiding us the dreaded duties and brokerage fees.

Fractal Audio Sales - Where to Buy the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101
When I go to Fractal's web store, as provided in the link above, there is still a notice that shipping to Canada is not available.
I've seen no official announcements for Fractal that Canadian shipping has been restored.
Is there an announcement like this somewhere out there? Is so, then where?

IOW
What makes you all think that shipping to Canada has been restored?

I do see that if I go through the process of doing a mock checkout that the system allows me to choose Canada - and the shipping costs and taxes are added to the purchase price.
But I don't think I'd trust that until I see some sort of official announcement from Fractal.
With something like $3k at stake I don't think I'd want to order it and just hope for the best.
(BTW I know that the waiting list coupon price is much lower, but it still comes out close to $2.5k.
I just put myself on the waiting list a couple of weeks ago.)

I've got to say that although I'm a BIG Fractal Audio fan and supporter I think they've handled this whole shipping to Canada thing really really poorly.
And UPS is the WORST in my experience.
I much prefer the postal services.

Joe, someone asked about Canadian shipping on the Fractal Audio Facebook page and this was their response. . .

"Yes, in honor of Rush, Triumph, Steppenwolf and all our other favorites from up there, Fractal Audio is once again shipping to CANADA!"

Terry.

When I have items purchased, being delivered by Ups, I have them hold it at their depot. I pick it up there at my leisure insted of waiting for the driver to show .

Joe, someone asked about Canadian shipping on the Fractal Audio Facebook page and this was their response. . .

"Yes, in honor of Rush, Triumph, Steppenwolf and all our other favorites from up there, Fractal Audio is once again shipping to CANADA!"

Terry.

Thanks.
Good to know.
Wish they'd update their web site too.

When I have items purchased, being delivered by Ups, I have them hold it at their depot. I pick it up there at my leisure insted of waiting for the driver to show .

Their depot is no where near where I live.
But with Canada Post it's just around the corner, at my local post office.

Look up the UPS location in you town in the phone book.Call them and tell them you are expecting the package. You should get a tracking number from the shipper when it was shipped and its route status . They will just put in their storage instead of reloading on the intown delivery truck.Take your ID with you to the depot.

Ordered my AxeII Monday and watched it track north via UPS from New Hampshire to Mass yesterday. Great I thought - only 350 miles to go to get to Ottawa Canada. Then, just now, to my horror, I see UPS indicates my AxeII has landed in Louisville KY 900 miles away. YIKES !!

Ordered my AxeII Monday and watched it track north via UPS from New Hampshire to Mass yesterday. Great I thought - only 350 miles to go to get to Ottawa Canada. Then, just now, to my horror, I see UPS indicates my AxeII has landed in Louisville KY 900 miles away. YIKES !!

Did you receive it?

I just ordered one today. Just wondering how long it took.

For all those waiting in Canada to order. Here's an update.

Product Subtotal: $2,999.95
Tax (5%): $110.00
Shipping & Handling: $160.88

Discounts: -$800.00

Grand Total: $2,470.83 ($2600 CND)

Cliff did it up right. UPS dropped it off, no additional fees whatsoever. It took a while to get Canadian shipping back up and running but it's done right.

For all those waiting in Canada to order. Here's an update.

Product Subtotal: $2,999.95
Tax (5%): $110.00
Shipping & Handling: $160.88

Discounts: -$800.00

Grand Total: $2,470.83 ($2600 CND)

Cliff did it up right. UPS dropped it off, no additional fees whatsoever. It took a while to get Canadian shipping back up and running but it's done right.

Just ordered on this am ...... how long to it take for yours to arrive ?

Back
Top Bottom