Black Sabbath said goodbye

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
Just read it in the newspaper. :( Had their final gig in Birmingham. Good to know Ozzie, Tommy and Geeze are still around.

Yeah but it would have been nice to see Bill Ward with them also.
Cant have everything!

John

I saw the original line up when they got back together years ago. front row, center seats. just pure luck to get them but not as lucky when ozzy started hosing the crowd with a water hose....it was a little cool that night :)

isn't tony I suffering cancer? glad he could do a few more shows and agreed, wish bill ward had been included for at least the final show.

Saw them in Sept - I was very surprised how tight they were - Tommy Clufetos was the glue there - he killed...
Great show though and happy to see the final tour...

I saw the original line up when they got back together years ago. front row, center seats. just pure luck to get them but not as lucky when ozzy started hosing the crowd with a water hose....it was a little cool that night :)

isn't tony I suffering cancer? glad he could do a few more shows and agreed, wish bill ward had been included for at least the final show.
He was before, but has been in remission for a couple years now, I think.

He did have a recent scare with a lump in his neck, but apparently not cancerous.

I saw them in the original lineup before the formation of Heaven & Hell. Tony Iommi is a guitar god, Geezer rocks on the bass, but Ozzy acts and moves like an Alzheimer patient on stage. I found it actually painful to watch. Having seem them before I didn't bother to watch them later on. Compare that to the later Heaven & Hell shows and Dio showed why he was the better frontman. I wish I had seen that lineup.

The first time I saw Black Sabbath however was in 1990, during the Tyr tour. That was a good show! I found Tony Martin to be a very good vocalist for Sabbath as he could do both Ozzy and Dio. The Headless Cross and Tyr period was probably the best period for when Tony Iommi alone carried the Sabbath torch.

The first time I had seen Sabbath was the Never Say Die tour with this new band opening they were called Van Halen. (Yep that was a while ago). Next time with Dio for the Mob Rules. That show was just one of the best I have ever seen of any band! And the next time was with Ian Gillian, another great show! This show was a little extra fun since it fell on Halloween night and there was something cool very cool with Sabbath doing Smoke on the Water.

John

The first time I had seen Sabbath was the Never Say Die tour with this new band opening they were called Van Halen. (Yep that was a while ago). Next time with Dio for the Mob Rules. That show was just one of the best I have ever seen of any band! And the next time was with Ian Gillian, another great show! This show was a little extra fun since it fell on Halloween night and there was something cool very cool with Sabbath doing Smoke on the Water.

John

You lucky dog. Damn.
An era gone forever. We are the last of our kind. Our rock heros of yesteryear should be happy though , because it was us that bought their music on 5 different formats , since the release

You lucky dog. Damn.
An era gone forever. We are the last of our kind. Our rock heros of yesteryear should be happy though , because it was us that bought their music on 5 different formats , since the release

Seriously ! How many times did I buy " records" on multiple formats.... 8 track, album, tape, cd, special releases... ha ha...
maybe that's why Rush has a lot of $$$ - I think I have bought every one of their albums 4 or 5 times...:cool:

Seriously ! How many times did I buy " records" on multiple formats.... 8 track, album, tape, cd, special releases... ha ha...
maybe that's why Rush has a lot of $$$ - I think I have bought every one of their albums 4 or 5 times...:cool:

You forgot to mention the digital copy off iTunes or Google play.

Considering Jake E Lee wrote pretty much all of Bark At the Moon - however Ozzy still refuses to give him any writing credits....

I always found it suspect that in Sabbath it was Tony who wrote almost all the songs and Geezer who wrote almost all the lyrics, Ozzy suddenly became this prolific writer of good songs on his own from the first album on.

I always found it suspect that in Sabbath it was Tony who wrote almost all the songs and Geezer who wrote almost all the lyrics, Ozzy suddenly became this prolific writer of good songs on his own from the first album on.

Exactly - one thing Ozzy did right went he went solo was constantly surround himself with great players that can write songs for him..

Ozzy says the same thing in his book about the Sabbath material but does not mention the writing for his solo stuff. Who cares anyway?? 99% of country artists don't write their own songs

Ozzy says the same thing in his book about the Sabbath material but does not mention the writing for his solo stuff. Who cares anyway?? 99% of country artists don't write their own songs

Don't really care - but Ozzy/Sharon - should give credit where credit is due.. Kind of shitty of him to not give writing credits to Jake - Bark at the moon was a huge album for him - its not going to much out of his portfolio to give credit where due...

Back
Top Bottom