BKP Juggernaut VS Aftermath Comparison Clip

Hmmmm....I've got Holydivers in my BRJ 7, lately I've been thinking about trying something different.
I'll have to take a look at the Jugs. I was thinking about maybe trying an Alnico Nailbomb in the bridge (I play more lead than rhythm)
but these sound interesting.

Hmmmm....I've got Holydivers in my BRJ 7, lately I've been thinking about trying something different.
I'll have to take a look at the Jugs. I was thinking about maybe trying an Alnico Nailbomb in the bridge (I play more lead than rhythm)
but these sound interesting.

I've never tried the Nailbombs but I hear a lot of great things about them. They seem really versatile. I've only tried/owned the Aftermaths, Warpig, and now the Juggernauts. It only took me a few hours to realize that I did not care for the Warpigs....They just sounded boring to me. And I absolutely love the Aftermaths tho and the Juggs just have a little different flavor with all of the same characteristics that make the Aftermaths so amazing IMO. I would say that anyone who likes Alnico will most definitely love the Juggs, and especially for their Ceramic characteristics like tightness and clarity while being perfectly smooth and balanced. I dig them a lot!

Yeah, Eric. Things have been a bit funky with Soundcloud these last few days. I'm assuming they've got some reconstruction work going on, because it's been on and off for the last week or so even.

Jalon - I was surprised at how GREAT the juggs sound. After hearing some not so stellar reviews, I expected them to sound like floppy ol pancakes on a nail, but these are crisp... firm... delicious?

:D :D :D

I've never tried the Nailbombs but I hear a lot of great things about them. They seem really versatile. I've only tried/owned the Aftermaths, Warpig, and now the Juggernauts. It only took me a few hours to realize that I did not care for the Warpigs....They just sounded boring to me. And I absolutely love the Aftermaths tho and the Juggs just have a little different flavor with all of the same characteristics that make the Aftermaths so amazing IMO. I would say that anyone who likes Alnico will most definitely love the Juggs, and especially for their Ceramic characteristics like tightness and clarity while being perfectly smooth and balanced. I dig them a lot!

I had the Alnico nailbomb in a Carvin DC727 and it sounded great for lead playing (really good) but it was a little loose.
the Jug may be the ticket, I'll need to hear some lead playing through one.
Lucky for me the Axe Palace is right up the street from my house so I can check them out there. :)

not exactly on topic but here's an interesting comparison of some bare knuckles and duncan pups.
My dream for the Juggernaut is that it lies somewhere between the Warpig and the Aftermath. Am I dreaming Jalonhall lol?

Definitely more of a mid push on the Juggs... it's slight, however. In the context of the mix, if is almost negligible which pickup you go with, however. I think either sound can be "mimic'd" (appropriate for this forum, lol) with a touch of EQ. They are very similar.

Great riffs Jalon! :)

not exactly on topic but here's an interesting comparison of some bare knuckles and duncan pups.
My dream for the Juggernaut is that it lies somewhere between the Warpig and the Aftermath. Am I dreaming Jalonhall lol?

Hmmm... I would say the Jugg has maybe a slight touch of the "feel" of the Warpig. But I can not stand the Warpig tho haha. Honestly, to me, it sounds and feels exactly like it is described by Misha in his demo video. It has all of the great characteristics of an Alnico, but with the also amazing things you get from a Ceramic. Great attack and very dynamic with a nice top end.
I remember watchng this video when I was trying to decide between the Aftermath and the Warpig. But for me, the Aftermath smokes the Warpig... hands down! I still don't know whether I prefer the Aftermath to the Jugg. The Aftermath does have a nice bite and a slightly more aggressive nature. For my Mayones Regius 7 that I'm getting I think I'd prefer the Aftermath. I love the Aftermaths in Mahogany!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... I would say the Jugg has maybe a slight touch of the "feel" of the Warpig. But I can not stand the Warpig tho haha. Honestly, to me, it sounds and feels exactly like it is described by Misha in his demo video. It has all of the great characteristics of an Alnico, but with the also amazing things you get from a Ceramic. Great attack and very dynamic with a nice top end.
I remember watching this video when I was trying to decide between the Aftermath and the Warpig. But for me, the Aftermath smokes the Warpig... hands down! I still don't know whether I prefer the Aftermath to the Jugg. The Aftermath does have a nice bite and a slightly more aggressive nature. For my Mayones Regius 7 that I'm getting I think I'd prefer the Aftermath. I love the Aftermaths in Mahogany!

Haha, that's cool different strokes for different folks... but I'd say based on this video I'd take the Warpig over the Aftermath lol. I guess it's more my style then the Aftermath in general. But I have owned an Aftermath and a Warpig. The thing I liked about the Warpig was the massive sound, but it wasn't super defined which made speedy stuff hard to pull off. As for Aftermath a lot but the thing that drove me nuts was the overhyped low end and the quacky/spikey high end. So from what I hear the Juggs for sure don't have the high end issue, but I cant really tell what i think about the lows. I've heard clips that make it sound big and in your clip it seems smaller than the Aftermath which was surprising actually. But overall your demo sounds stellar, so it's hard to pick a winner.

Haha, that's cool different strokes for different folks... but I'd say based on this video I'd take the Warpig over the Aftermath lol. I guess it's more my style then the Aftermath in general. But I have owned an Aftermath and a Warpig. The thing I liked about the Warpig was the massive sound, but it wasn't super defined which made speedy stuff hard to pull off. As for Aftermath a lot but the thing that drove me nuts was the overhyped low end and the quacky/spikey high end. So from what I hear the Juggs for sure don't have the high end issue, but I cant really tell what i think about the lows. I've heard clips that make it sound big and in your clip it seems smaller than the Aftermath which was surprising actually. But overall your demo sounds stellar, so it's hard to pick a winner.

Yea the Aftermath can definitely get a little harsh on the highs if you're not careful. I had to tweak the crap out of my patches until I found a sweet spot. But the Jugg definitely takes care of the highs. And this clip doesn't really cover everything the Jugg can do. But for big open pretty chords and stuff, they are more than amazing. That's definitely where they shine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the Aftermath can definitely get a little harsh on the highs if you're not careful. I had to tweak the crap out of my patches until I found a sweet spot. But the Jugg definitely takes care of the highs. And this clip doesn't really cover everything the Jugg can do. But for big open pretty chords and stuff, they are more than amazing. That's definitely where they shine! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh, I'm glad to hear about the open chords. That makes me excited to get my juggernaut now.

Back
Top Bottom