BILLY GIBBONS' SOUND

Hi there- excuse my ignorance ,I have the 700 pack but cant find the Billy G patch?- please help as gigging Gimme all your Lovin tomorrow !

thanks

Nick

Hi there- excuse my ignorance ,I have the 700 pack but cant find the Billy G patch?- please help as gigging Gimme all your Lovin tomorrow !

thanks

Nick

There's one called The Rev or similar, I'm not at my Mac so can't confirm

It's in the extras pack, plus I think its more of an earlier Zz tone than Eliminator

It's in the last set of presets. For legal reasons, presumably, the name is kind of cryptic. Look at the PDF that describes all the artist presets and you'll find it. Sounds pretty good. I just listened to a recording of a gig where I used it on Sharp Dressed Man and it was very close for the riff and rhythm tone.

I asked the same question a while back ,looking for a good Billy Gibbons style sound I did not get a preset however , but someone led me to look at the AC-20 amp in AX8 and add some face fuzz, its a single 12 speaker that gets overdriven just right ...I used this Billy Gibbons amp set up in this song/video. I can give more details if you need.

My favorite Billy Gibbons tones were on Tres Hombres.

Here's a preset that might be a good starting platform for tones on that record. Scene 1 is good for tunes like Waitin For The Bus. Scene 2 uses a Rotary block for covering Hot Blue and Righteous. Footswitches for Filter (slight vol/midrange boost) and Reverb.

So far, just an X rig...haven't work with Y yet.

BTW, I created the preset with a Gibson Les Paul with Custom Buckers. They're rather low output PAF clones...

Attachments

• Gibbons.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom