Billy Duffy

rickster71

Experienced
Who can recreate Billy Duff's guitar tone in the song Edie ( Ciao Baby ) ? sounds like he's using dtune and reverb

Bill is pretty straight in the amp player , probably a Boss Chorus and a a crap ton of delay
his pedals board is on the internet if you looks its literally a tube screamer , Boss Chorus and Boss DD3 delay

Apologies as I haven’t posted enough here to be able to include links but the following might help:

On Billy Duffy’s website (billyduffy plus .com) there is a gear section which is quite detailed, including photos and some pedal settings.

For a more up to date rundown of his rig there is an extensive interview with him and his guitar tech from November 2019 available on the guitarguitar website. Just google guitarguitar and Billy Duffy and you should find it.

Whilst I know it’s from a different album (Electric) you might also be interested in Brian Wampler’s analysis of Duffy’s tone on Love Removal Machine. If you search for Chasing Guitar Tones-The Cult, Love Removal Machine, it should pop up.

Last edited:
I am more interested in the sonic Temple album my self. That's why at the beginning of the thread I listed a specific tone from a specific song. Not being a jokster I just feel it's jumping off track from what I first asked in the beginning. there is a specific sound I am looking for and it's only on the sonic temple album that I know of.

I am more interested in the sonic Temple album my self. That's why at the beginning of the thread I listed a specific tone from a specific song. Not being a jokster I just feel it's jumping off track from what I first asked in the beginning. there is a specific sound I am looking for and it's only on the sonic temple album that I know of.
Totally get that. Ignore the Love Removal Machine suggestion in my earlier post and check out the gear page on Billy Duffy’s own website and the guitarguitar interview. They may help you with chorus pedal ideas and settings. The guitarguitar interview has pics of his pedalboard for the Sonic Temple 30 tour, so they may be of particular interest.

I dont think the chorus is the effect that I am looking for . it sounds more like dtune or some kind of pitch shift.

listen to this song and let be know what you think he is using for his effects on the electric because looking at that pedal board I dont think that effect is there Edie ( Ciao Baby )

My guess would be multiple Eventide H3000s. One with 519 microshift and the second with the twelve string patch along with the core amp delay etc.

Back
Top Bottom