Big Wreck - Thornley talking recording Bombs Away

I know there's plenty of Big Wreck love here so figured I'd share this

There's a bit of guitar stuff at the end, but an entertaining 5 min either way

Ian thornley is a god. This is by far the best song on the new EP. And probably their best song since reforming. This and too far gone

Have to say I've had this ep on repeat and really enjoying it
A couple of tunes took a while to sink in, but loving it all

I read somewhere that Big Wreck was the best band you've never heard of. So I started on a journey through their albums, and boy...if there's anyone deserving world wide success like other big acts, it's these guys! So far Ghosts is perhaps my fav album, but also digging the new EP.

Ian talking about the axe-fx here

You beat me to it,. just listened to this. He's big on the III, he seems to keen to see if he can get the amp modelling setup so it'll replace his big valve amp rig for fy dates - I was wondering if he could use some setup help from Fractal

Pete Thorn turned me on to Big Wreck and MAN, was he right about them. Such immense talent. It's a shame they aren't more recognized. I consider Thornley the Canadian Chris Cornell. And does he have some chops!! When I first heard "A Million Days", I thought the solo was Steve Morse. Incredible. I forgot about this EP. Need to DL it pronto.

You beat me to it,. just listened to this. He's big on the III, he seems to keen to see if he can get the amp modelling setup so it'll replace his big valve amp rig for fy dates - I was wondering if he could use some setup help from Fractal

I talked to him a few years back about the Axe-Fx and the Kemper, the problem with BW is the amount of tunings they can use in a night. He almost needs a Transperformance guitar.
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/811834

Back
Top Bottom