Big Fractal Rock Mix

Ugghhh dayum!! I thought the original mix was crunchy but this one kicks teeth in. Wow... has to do something with the mix going through two sets of ears. :)

Ugghhh dayum!! I thought the original mix was crunchy but this one kicks teeth in. Wow... has to do something with the mix going through two sets of ears. :)
Did nothing on guitars, only tape and cut at 80hz, i did the bass with fabfilter saturn, nothing special there, one dry one distorted going into a buss with slight compression and tape saturation, did not used too much compression here, there is no processing on kick and snare at all :D only master chain is a little bit tricky :D

Did nothing on guitars, only tape and cut at 80hz, i did the bass with fabfilter saturn, nothing special there, one dry one distorted going into a buss with slight compression and tape saturation, did not used too much compression here, there is no processing on kick and snare at all :D only master chain is a little bit tricky :D
I'm also using Saturn for my bass tones. I love being able to split the highs and lows and finetune the drive separately.

Here's a short rock mix played by Shaun.
Thank you Shaun for sending me tracks !
cheers

Great clip. The bass and guitars sound really good. The only suggestion that I would make, is to revisit the overheads for your drums. Those cymbals need some work. It's too bad because it distracts from what a great mixing job you've done on the other instruments.

Great clip. The bass and guitars sound really good. The only suggestion that I would make, is to revisit the overheads for your drums. Those cymbals need some work. It's too bad because it distracts from what a great mixing job you've done on the other instruments.
Thanks man, well i did sloppy work on some parts, but it is a demo thing yet sure i'll be workin on this clip more :) always nice to hear good advices :) cheers

Back
Top Bottom