BIAS Tremolo in nuclear tone

lscottk

Experienced
I helped a friend update his AX2 XL to the latest firmware. We attempted to adjust the settings on the two virtual rotary knobs for bias tremolo in the Nuclear Tone model amp block (Axe edit is not in front of me so don't remember which tab in the amp block) and the bias tremolo did not engage no matter how we changed the settings on the virtual knobs. I did not see a switch that turns bias tremolo on and off. I believe it turns on by adjusting the rotary knobs. We were using the Nuclear Tone factory preset. CPU usage was in the low 70%.

Try resetting the amp block. I switched away from the amp model and then back to it and then I was able to get it to work. It's a subtle and delicate tremolo for certain.

Edit: wow. I forgot just how amazing this amp model is for delicate, fingerstyle on electric. So responsive. Thanks for the amp-model reminder @lscottk! :D

Last edited:
@iaresee, thank you for the tip regarding resetting the amp. I have been around here long enough that I should have tried that myself. Nice playing and tone on your clip. The friend that I was helping upgrade his firmware has a real Swartone Atomic he uses with his vintage Tele. Guitar and amp really compliment each other. We were trying to do a comparison with the Fractal and his real amp. The amp tone is spot on. We were also curious about the bias tremelo.

I'm visiting relatives out of state. I'll pass the tip on to my friend when I get home. Thanks again.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom