BGNR UBER Cab Pack | Based on the "Stratovarius" Bogner Uberkab 4x12 [ML Sound Lab]

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Quick link: https://ml-sound-lab.com/

UBER PROMO PIC_Snapseed.jpg

Hey everybody! I'm not sure how familiar the power metal band Stratovarius is to everyone but they're from Finland as am I and their guitarist Matias is one of the nicest people I know. He let me borrow his Mesa Mark IIC+ for a few months and now he also gave me his cab that he's toured with for 12 years or so and also used in the studio so this is "that pack". There's nothing better than a cab that's been in serious use that's for sure. I'll be posting clips very soon so make sure to follow or comment something to get notified if you're interested.

WE'RE CURRENTLY RUNNING AN INTRO SALE 19,99€ (normally 29,99€): https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/boaner-uber-cab-pack

Cab Pack "Bgnr Uber" is an impulse response (IR) collection based on a Bogner™ Uberkab 4x12 guitar cabinet rear-loaded with Celestion™ Vintage 30 and T75 speakers. This is the actual cabinet used by Matias Kupiainen of Stratovarius live and in the studio.

Microphones
Shure™ SM57
Shure™ SM7B
Royer™ R121
Sennheiser™ e906
Sennheiser™ MD421
Beyerdynamic™ M160
Neumann™ KM184

This Cab Pack comes with 5 brightness variations for each microphone and 9 real life multi-mic mixes.

Learn more here: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/boaner-uber-cab-pack

Sound sample with the Axe-Fx III Friedman BE amp sim and no post-processing:

How does this cabinet’s sound compare to the Boaner pack? Thanks!
IIRC Matias had two of these identical cabs custom made in 2007 and these cabs have gone on tours for 12 years or so. The China transition era is around 2002-2004 depending on the speaker type so these are definitely early Chinese made speakers. That'll be the first main difference as the original Boaner Cab Pack actually got the speakers replaced by yours truly with hand-picked 90s UK made speakers from "the speaker vault".

That being said there's something magic about speakers that never left a cabinet that's been played for a long time, I don't have science for this but I feel like with over a decade of resonation they "sink in better" into the cab in a different way than just screwing them onto the cab - if I were to tighten the screws too hard "to recreate this" it would twist the speaker and you don't want to do that either. I've even checked the screws of most of these high end cabinets and they're generally surprisingly loose. And then there's the thought of the amount of people who have heard this cabinet live - must be millions, so there's mojo! But since Matias started using Axe-Fx's he's been using my IR's.

This is a question many people are asking so I'm making a video about it!

Here's the run-through video and at the very end I tried to make quick comparison by having the 57 on the V30 of each speaker in the "position I would use" (B position). My quick opinion was UBER = Modern and BOANER = Vintage. Boaner has the middles and Uber has almost a Diezel type modern sound to it. Check the video:

Back
Top Bottom