beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro headphones - Wow!

The 880s are also excellent as a mixing tool, of course you'll still need to finish up on decent monitors, but they are GREAT.

Love your picture yek ,looks like your looking at your post of what you've written :D
I been thinking about the 880 for a while, The akg 240 mkII have been work good for me
Ok ,now that I saw that video above ,now sure which ohm would be better?

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
I own the 250 Ohm edition. Loud enough for my iPhone. Loud enough for the Axe when I crank the main volume.

But some players will find them not loud enough. In that case a simple, cheap, small headphone amp/mixer suffices.

I own the 250 Ohm edition. Loud enough for my iPhone. Loud enough for the Axe when I crank the main volume.

But some players will find them not loud enough. In that case a simple, cheap, small headphone amp/mixer suffices.

Dank u wel. Thanks... 8)

I'd still be interested to know which ones M@ uses for interest if nothing else.

LOVE THE DT-880s! I am glad that my long-time recommendation continues to pan out!

I have the DT 880s and will dial in sounds with them, and they translate super well later when playing live and loud, I go the low ohm (32 ohm) version to boot. Really fantastic headphones, and the velour ear covers is much more comfy and easier to wear than leather etc.

I feel that way about my "studio staple" AKG K240's
These headphones were the Yamaha NS-10Ms of phones. You didn't have a real studio if you didn't have both. Needless to say, I sold my 10Ms last year for HM's. now I just need to find a better modern headphone. Maybe I'll give the beyers a try....

I'm so thankful for threads like these. I pulled the trigger on these headphones, and I'm really just in awe of them. I've never had a really nice set of headphones before. These seem to match up nicely with the tone I hear from my CLR. I'm seriously regretting not investing in something like this before. Oh well... Thanks!

600 ohm version here, but I do need to use a good headphone amp. It sounds great, particularly after FW 11.

You also have to differentiate between the DT880 (HiFi and a little cheaper) and the DT880 Pro (Studio) whereby I think the Pro version is the rout to go with the Axe..

I've also been using the DT880s for years. Most FRFR spectrum than any other headphones. The only one that comes close is the $1000 Sennheisers. Is it HD800?

Anyways those are as flat as it gets. The joke I tell people is that if they don't like these headphones then they are simply wrong or have bad taste. They will definitely sound bad if you play something unbalanced through them and that's exactly why you want these. They tell you if there's something wrong. If everything's good then they will sound amazing. I trust them more than my ears.

Never had volume issues... I can get them loud enough to hurt my ears with my M-Audio Fasttrack MKII sound card. Would love to get a nice headphone amplifier.

EDIT: And yeah the PRO version is the ones I have. Extremely cheap for what they are.

Another vote here.

A friend (HiFi aficionado) and I compared them to his reference Grado pair (that are $7k a pair! :eek: ) ......and we thought they were 99% as good for listening as music - and much better to the Grado as a FRFR solution.

I have been looking at a lot of headphone graphs on headphone.com over the last week (getting new IEMs) and I didn't think the DT880s looked all that flat for frequency response. The Sony MDR-7506 that you see all the time at radio stations were very flat and are less than $100.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7506s have a substantial drop off on the low frequencies, but otherwise fairly flat, and they do sound okay with the Axe.

The flattest response are Audeze.

I really like the DT 880 600 ohm, but you need a headphone amp for them.

I'm very happy with my DT880 250 Ohms (Manufaktur). Also bought a Woo Audio headphone amp (WA7) for music listening and like the improvement over MBPr headphone jack a lot.
Interested in trying the Beyer T1 now as well or a pair of LCD-2/3.

Back
Top Bottom