Better than Reality - Axe-FX Can Be Like Optimized Reality

Re: Better than Reality - Axe-FX Can Be Like Optimized Reali

Yeah, I've been using this trick, but I've been wondering why I'm using an envelope control. I'm curious what people are using for envelope settings... I think my release is too fast.

miketheman said:
hsnyder said:
If I could get a schem of any of the FAS amps I'd build them and encourage cliff to sell them to all the guys who just won't lose the tubes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT would be going full circle wouldn´t it!
Yes it certainly would, but there ARE people who just wont lose the tubes. Hell i havent totally lost my interest in tubes. Just cause they're cool! I still build amps and stuff. I'm serious though, I think its a brilliant idea! :)

miketheman said:
*hmm*... this didn´t sound straight at all... :? :lol: :lol:

/Mike

:lol: that was the funniest thing i've ever seen on this forum :lol:

The major key to making the 'trick' work is setting up the envelope controller correctly.

A setting that is working for me is (L-R): -15db , Attack: 1ms , Release: 7ms , Gain: 1

That will vary depending on your playing style, technique, and guitar. Please experiment!!!

Those settings work pretty well for me. You have to set the envelope controller per patch; so you can have different settings for different patches.

It is the key to making it work transparently and consistently.

Been building amps for many years, and I get vintage ones from all over to repair - I hate 'em (well, I don't hate 'em... but). I Just did a vintage marshall 100 watt head. The thing is so loud it is practically unusable in todays music scene. The axe gets me any sound I want with great effects to boot. Honestly, the axe is capable of truly organic, 3d sounds that in my opinion equal or surpass the tube amps that I have experienced. Marshall's with post power tube effects and tuned perfectly to my liking; even the tweed fenders, which I think have a special kind of magic going on - the axe can get you there, at reasonable volumes that allow for pristine mixes. It will also do the raw and loud. Honestly, I do not understand those that can't get great sounds out of this box. Some have matched the sound of a studio recording so close that you really can't tell the difference. Beyong that, this thing will create sounds I have only dreamed about. Scott is right, with the axe you can go beyond what a "tube amp" can do.

Scott Peterson said:
The major key to making the 'trick' work is setting up the envelope controller correctly.

A setting that is working for me is (L-R): -15db , Attack: 1ms , Release: 7ms , Gain: 1

Where is this found Scott?

I couldn't find these settings in either the Filter block or the Envelope pop-up.

jonPhillips said:
Scott Peterson said:

I couldn't find these settings in either the Filter block or the Envelope pop-up.

After you added the Filter block, assigned ENV to FREQ, and set the Scope and Scale param:
Press the CONTROL button on the front panel. Scroll to Envelope. There you'll find the params. -15dB is Threshold etc.

jonPhillips said:

On the Axe: press the Control button --> page to ENV

In Axe-edit: it's under controllers (left side of the grid array)

Scott Peterson said:
The major and relative minor key to making the 'trick' work is setting up the envelope controller correctly.

Fixed it for you! ;)

Back
Top Bottom