Best Wireless system for guitar?

Any verdict on your shiny new wireless system Scott?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Very happy so far. Flawless operation, battery life is incredible and accurate (over 16 hours on a full charge; and the metering on battery life is accurate to the minute. I have verified this now by draining the battery a few times overnight on purpose to check it. I have also bought a back up battery, so one is in the charger on the receiver all the time to swap) and the tone is not exactly like a cord, but does not bother me at all in terms of being better/worse. It's different sounding than a cord, but the entire reason you use a wireless is convenience and this one is delivering that in spades. No issues with A/D - D/A latency and no dynamics compromise (which is always the analog wireless's achilles heel). Thumbs up so far.

Full review coming soon. I've gigged it 3X and used it for half a dozen rehearsals and at home. 100% so far.

Very happy so far. Flawless operation, battery life is incredible and accurate (over 16 hours on a full charge; and the metering on battery life is accurate to the minute. I have verified this now by draining the battery a few times overnight on purpose to check it. I have also bought a back up battery, so one is in the charger on the receiver all the time to swap) and the tone is not exactly like a cord, but does not bother me at all in terms of being better/worse. It's different sounding than a cord, but the entire reason you use a wireless is convenience and this one is delivering that in spades. No issues with A/D - D/A latency and no dynamics compromise (which is always the analog wireless's achilles heel). Thumbs up so far.

Full review coming soon. I've gigged it 3X and used it for half a dozen rehearsals and at home. 100% so far.

Scott - have you used or have experience with the L6 stuff, and if so how do they compare in your opinion ?

I have a G50 on a pedalboard that I once used as my main board (easily +500 gigs) and a G90 in my Axe II rack, and have never had any problems with either unit (except the obligatory problems with the supplied cords). Still would love to hear all the comparisons available.

Scott - have you used or have experience with the L6 stuff, and if so how do they compare in your opinion ?

I have a G50 on a pedalboard that I once used as my main board (easily +500 gigs) and a G90 in my Axe II rack, and have never had any problems with either unit (except the obligatory problems with the supplied cords). Still would love to hear all the comparisons available.

Not extensively, no. Sorry.

With my Line6 G30 I can't get my input to 'tinkle' the red leds. Not even with the "instr in" on 100%.
While reading this thread, I'm thinking of changing the signal cable. (when I'm back in the studio next monday)

Anyone else have any ideas? Besides buying a Shure system. :)

Cheers,
Cris

I don't think I can do that with a cable so don't feel bad..if it sounding good its sounding good :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It worked! I exchanged my diy-cable with a factory cable and the signal was right back at level.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

With my Line6 G30 I can't get my input to 'tinkle' the red leds. Not even with the "instr in" on 100%.
While reading this thread, I'm thinking of changing the signal cable. (when I'm back in the studio next monday)

Anyone else have any ideas? Besides buying a Shure system. :)

Cheers,
Cris

Is your input set to L-only, instead of L+R ? That keeps most guitars from tickling the red. Make sure you are using "LEFT ONLY" unless you have gear before your Axe FX and you need to come into the back inputs in Stereo, then I'd change the inputs to stereo, not L+R.

My all time fav is my X2 Wireless. This is the Pre Line 6 version, before L6 bought them. They were from Sacramento so I went to there shop once, and those guys were awesome. I have both a rackmount and the XDS pedal board version. You can still find them on Ebay.

Xmiter takes 9V battery, and has great life. I LOVE the very large and clear battery life indicator and signal indicator on the rack face. The Xmiter is plastic, and I did have one go bad on me once. But I've been using these things for like 5 or 6 years. The sound is always perfect to me. Never a trace of static or coloration.

I have 2 of the Original XWIRE X-905 units. I have never used a wireless that worked better than these. In fact, One of mine still sits in the box as it was bought as a backup and my main unit has never given me an issue. I really like that it uses AA batteries also. I can find those from a digital camera in a club in an emergency situation a lot more easy than tracking down a 9 Volt. Joero

Have anyone tried to use digital input of AXE to send the signal from the digital wireless system? One conversion less. I've found only one system with digital output - AKG DMS700 V2. Its really expensive, but may be someone using it?

Back
Top Bottom