Best Windows DAW for drums

Intheband

Inspired
I am a long time Logic Pro user and have really enjoyed their realistic and easy to use drummer. It’s time for me to upgrade, and it looks like I will be using my two year old HP laptop, rather than shelling out thousands for a new MacBook Pro. That being said, I can no longer use Logic Pro and will be moving over to Windows based DAW’s. Thinking about Ableton or Pro Tools, but any suggestions would be great. I will be using for home recording and live performance (keyboard) but will be looking for best and easiest to use drum plug in pack for recording. I am NOT a drummer, and getting the best, most realistic sound needs to come with small increments and not talent on my part!
Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks, I will check that out. Drums seem to be the major Wall in my workflow, so whatever plug in that converts that to magic is what I will build my whole system around!

I’m really liking BFD3. It has a bit more learning curve but the sounds are soooo good. And the loop editor has a lot of cool tools. I’ve got ezdrummer too (just the demo). It’s easier for quick work but if you’re doing complex beats bfd3 wins

Another EZ Drummer fan here. Very simple, like a drummer for dummies (me being the top of the class), with a lot of control over the sounds as well.

I have EZ and Superior - both great. I find Superior just better with the mix controls. They redid the drum sounds for S3 and they are really fantastic.

Toontrack for sure. EZ Drummer is good, but Superior Drummer 3 is even better if you can afford the step up.

Since you’re asking about Windows DAWs, I would have to recommend Reaper. It is priced right and is amazing! As far as drum software, I use Toontrack as mentioned here already......sounds great and works very well with Reaper.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Toontrack is the winner hands down! I have decided to go with Cubase as my DAW as I will be using Nativive Instrument Komplete and Kontrol which is integrated now with Cubase. All this is going to be cheaper than a new MacBook Pro. Even get a new pair of monitors! Whoo who

I’m a Cubase and Toontrack SD user (on a MBP tho) and the workflow is really good! Allows brain space for creativity. Check out Song Creator (part of EZ Drummer and Superior), fast way to add drums if you are not a drummer.

I prefer Cubase's drum editor for drum programming, I've used it for so long and it just has a great graphical representation.
Toontrack EZ Drummer, I also like to use Roland and Kurzweil hardware drum kits.

Back
Top Bottom