Best way to switching between 2 amp blocks?

Spawn-X

Experienced
P'tit lu all...

I'd like to use two amp blocks in my presets: One for leads, and one for cleans.
So, I must switch from first one to the second one and vice-versa.

What is the best way to do that?

I tried to set "Byp Mode" of twice on "MUTE" position, but my Ground Control Pro has no ability to send the good messages. I'm waiting for a FX1 Axess in couple of days, but I don't know how to do that with it.

I was thinking about using a MIX block, but it's not really much easier.

I'd like to have a sort of A/B-Box block, but Cliff has not implemented it.

So, can you, please, tell me how you do that?

Thanks.

You can't set your GCP to trigger both block's bypasses with one IA switch? i.e. one is bypassed, one active... hit the switch, the bypass on each block is flipped at once.

Been ages since I had a GCP, and given that I've only been using my Axe at home, haven't had to really do any controller work with it.

I use a continuous controller assigned to the "level" parameter of both amp blocks (one in forward and one in reverse). Then, I can smoothly morph from one amp block to the other. I like that much better than a sudden switching of tone. There have been multiple discussions about how to do it, and even a few presets posted to Axechange to illustrate it.

What I did when I used the gc pro is use the bypass parameter set to mute then used used the bypass modifier (hit enter on the bypass paramter) on each. I set on to start and end at 0-100%, the other 100-0% and set them both to the same external controller which I assigned to an IA.

Now with the liquid foot, I just have it send an on signal for on amp and and off for the other.

javajunkie said:
Now with the liquid foot, I just have it send an on signal for on amp and and off for the other.

That will also work with the FX1.

What i have not solved is Amp A or Amp B AND Amp A&B with SAME Level -
i tried to group that with Filter as Boost but i´m not happy with the solution-

Java, any idea??

Back
Top Bottom