Best way to isolate guitar track from a song to use for tone matching?

Hey Everyone! I just recently started tinkering around with tone matching and there are some guitar tones I really want to tone match in a few songs. Unfortunately the songs I want to do this with don't really have any parts that are "just guitar". I've heard of a few different ways to isolate instruments (reaper, audacity, etc.) Was just wondering what the easiest/best way to do this would be. I appreciate any responses. Thanks!!

I think you really need an isolated track with nothing else going on - no drums, no bass, no vocals, no effects...
Like the beginning of a track where theres nothing but the one guitar.

You can't isolate by the track professionally recorded and mixed down audio. Those tracks or "stems" are still considered legally protected material. Sometimes you can find ios stuff by searching google tho

I agree. An isolated track (stem) is best. Search YouTube or Google. I have Riffstation and use it religiously to figure out parts or to pull parts out for backing tracks. IMO in most cases it's not going to separate the guitar cleanly enough to use as a tone match. In some cases if the guitar is separated enough in the mix already, maybe.

Thanks everyone for all your responses! I know its impossible, but it would be awesome if there was an update for tone matching so that you could just play any song through the tone match and still get the accurate guitar tone regardless of the drums or vocals

I agree. An isolated track (stem) is best. Search YouTube or Google. I have Riffstation and use it religiously to figure out parts or to pull parts out for backing tracks. IMO in most cases it's not going to separate the guitar cleanly enough to use as a tone match. In some cases if the guitar is separated enough in the mix already, maybe.[/QUO
The head, anything with v30s cab-wise will do
Awesome! I just recently downloaded some IR cabinets with V30s. In your opinion, are there certain settings I should tweak the head to?

Thanks everyone for all your responses! I know its impossible, but it would be awesome if there was an update for tone matching so that you could just play any song through the tone match and still get the accurate guitar tone regardless of the drums or vocals

With all due respect, that is completely impossible. Often the bass guitar will contribute A LOT to the guitar tone. A mix is called a "mix" because it is a mixture of sounds to create one big sound :)

Back
Top Bottom