Best way to have AFIII Parity

psychomanteum7

Inspired
I have an OG AFIII and a AFIII MarkII. Is there any tutorial or general guidance on having one ready to go in case there's an issue with the other?

That would include set lists, levels, and in my case, FC6 layout.

It would also be helpful when I want to jam/write in the studio where the other unit is.

I thought there was a way to save fc layouts in axe edit. I could be wrong I haven’t tried that yet. Good luck!

Out of curiosity how many fc6 layouts do you have? Probably not the correct terminology but I hope you know what I mean.

I thought there was a way to save fc layouts in axe edit. I could be wrong I haven’t tried that yet. Good luck!

Out of curiosity how many fc6 layouts do you have? Probably not the correct terminology but I hope you know what I mean.
I use "per preset" for a few buttons, global for the rest. Some per preset buttons do scene +/-, others do setlist chapter -/+. I have to generate samples as the songs move along, so each preset varies.

Layouts are part of system settings.

You can also export/import layouts, but if you backup and restore system settings there should be no need.
I didn't realize you could do layouts specifically. I'll have to take another look. One unit is for the studio, so I don't want global settings to change unless I have a big show coming up and need a backup. The layout would be great when I'm practicing in the studio without the live rig.

I didn't realize you could do layouts specifically. I'll have to take another look. One unit is for the studio, so I don't want global settings to change unless I have a big show coming up and need a backup. The layout would be great when I'm practicing in the studio without the live rig.
From the editor you can import/edit all layouts or any individual layouts.

Your OP says "at parity", so I assumed you wanted identical.

The setlists and songs and midi stuff are also part of the system settings. I don't use Setlists so I'm not sure if they can be independently backed up and restored.

Back
Top Bottom