Best way to do video chat with fractal and a mic? (Windows 11)

jzucker

Experienced
For my teaching over skype/zoom/google-meet, i use my presonus 68/C which
is a 4 channel audio interface. My fractal main outs go into 1/2 and my vocal mic goes into input 3.

The video chat software sees my audio interface as pairs. They allow you to select 1/2 or 3/4 for the "mic". The one thing I could figure out would be to plug my mic into one of input 2 so that I tell the video chat to use inputs 1/2 for the mic.

What's an effective way of aggregating all the inputs and sending them to zoom/google meet/skype? I suppose I could use a mixer but I'd prefer not to introduce new hardware.

Last edited:
If you're on a Mac, I recommend using "loopback",.

it's what I use to route all my audio from interface (Apollo x8P) to have microphone, fractal products when teaching lessons remotely. Also makes it super useful to integrate sending audio from spotify or youtube as well into lessons.

Here's a tutorial I made awhile back

If you're on a Mac, I recommend using "loopback",.

it's what I use to route all my audio from interface (Apollo x8P) to have microphone, fractal products when teaching lessons remotely. Also makes it super useful to integrate sending audio from spotify or youtube as well into lessons.

Here's a tutorial I made awhile back

I'm on PC...

best way on PC is OBS software :) it's free
and then you use VB cable as an extra device to route things into skype/zoom etc..

there's tutorials on youtube, I'm on the go so can't link one atm

with OBS you can setup a virtual camera which is visible in skype/zoom etc.. and then for audio you set vb cable (which will then take audio from say an OBS scene that you setup with all your inputs

Back
Top Bottom