Best way so save banks, create composite banks, upload single patches, etc.

funny_polymath

Fractal Fanatic
So, I'm about to load all of Yek's madness, including his global blocks, into my II. needless to say, I wanna save all of my stuff and be triple sure of it. In addition, once I go through his stuff, I am sure I will want to take some of his, some from Axe-Change, some of my own, and make my own composite banks.

This could be extra-tricky as I will somehow have to hope that he either left one or two global Amp blocks free. But even if he did, I will have to bring my global amp blocks (2 of them) back for my stuff and juggle stuff around so everyone's happy.

So: I know fractal bot is the best for uploading FW and entire banks, but what's the best way to save my banks, and what's the best way to mix and match banks? AE 1.9??? Something else? (P.S. I don't have an Ipad).

Any advice w/b appreciated. I am taking tomorrow to update the axe and then explore not only Yek's stuff, but the giant world of AXE-Change - which I have totally ignored unti now! I am going to need the easiest tool to move stuff around, glue stuff together, etc.

So, what do you power users use right now?

I'm also curious to this as well. I haven't been saving anything to Axe Edit. I have been thinking about going back to SysEx Liberian as its fairly easy to use but not very flexible.

Go to Axe-Edit General Discussion

Either sticky 2 or 3 at the time of this post has a backup guide, for Mac or PC using Snoize or Midi Ox.

Step 5 of each guide is

5. On the Axe-Fx, press UTILITY. Use the PAGE keys to select the PRESET page. Navigate down to DUMP BANK A TO USB

You can choose whether to dump a bank, preset etc.

Then when you have all the presets you want, send them back to the Axe FX in the order required and then save the result as your new bank.

I use the internal backup utility, and also Sysex Librarien as safeguard.

Fractal-Bot is being updated so there'll be no need to use Sysex Librarian or Midi-Ox anymore.

Regarding global blocks: I think I don't use any global blocks higher than 3 so there's lots of room for your own data.

Thanks all. Can't wait until Bot (and AE, of course) are upgraded. Will make this a much more streamlined process.

Back
Top Bottom