Best way for adding an octave

j20056

My goal is a one octave higher pitch shift on all notes with no scale. From what I see in the Pitch block options, I could use an harmonizer (anything with Diatonic or Chromatic in the name), the virtual capo, or the classic whammy. This is for single note lead with bends so I think that eliminates all harmonizer modules as they match notes but do not bend without shifting to a whole note as a step. I have had great results so far with virtual capo to add 2/4 frets, and I have not use the whammy at all.
Curious therefore which of virtual capo (set at +12 frets) or octave classic whammy is the "better" approach for fastest tracking and highest fidelity? My goal is to have a "blend" pedal that would set the dry/mix from 0 to 100%.

Good idea -- I often lose my way when trying octaves with two fingers.

If the tracking is not perfect it actually adds Wes Montgomery effect to it :D

AFAIK, playing the high octave will make it track better or feel quicker, so you could consider that.

I use dual chromatic, voice 1 at +12 and the 2nd voice off (Level 0). I heavily filter it with the high cut in the pitch block because it doesn’t sound natural with no formant shift option like you’d get in a plugin.

I don't think the type matters soundwise. Virtual Capo, either Whammy type or (not that there would normally be a need to use it) a stopped Arpeggiator will have have lower CPU usage than other types, due to those being single-voice I'd guess.

If you are a beginner, it will probably be easier and faster to learn the classic octave stroke. It usually offers simpler settings and a more direct effect on the sound. The virtual capo, while offering greater customization options, may seem more difficult to use for a beginner.
What are you actually trying to say here?

I've been wondering if they're using ChatGPT to write posts for a few weeks now, honestly. Some (most?) stuff that they've said just makes no sense at all.
"Offer resources or sessions on how to identify potential AI-generated content. While AI like ChatGPT can produce remarkably human-like text, there are often telltale signs of AI involvement, such as a lack of personal experience or overly generic responses that might not fully address the nuances of a conversation." ;-)

I've been wondering if they're using ChatGPT to write posts for a few weeks now, honestly. Some (most?) stuff that they've said just makes no sense at all.

It's a bot. You see them on the forum from time to time. Eventually that account will be used to contact a forum member in the For Sale forum. They hope their (manufactured) history on the forum will help them gain the forum member's trust before scamming them.

It's a bot. You see them on the forum from time to time. Eventually that account will be used to contact a forum member in the For Sale forum. They hope their (manufactured) history on the forum will help them gain the forum member's trust before scamming them.
There was likely some human intervention on some of the posts, but good to know there's precedence and something to look for. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom