Best venues for metal shows in Northern California

JCBitB

Inspired
hey guys, I’ve been tasked with finding a good metal show for a bachelor party that is happening in October/November. I’ve never really tried to find a show this way, and I’m finding that only the biggest bands have booked their tours this far in advance. I could use your help putting together a list of the best smallish to midsize venues.

I’m thinking San Jose, San Fran, Sacramento, Oakland, etc... anything within an hour or so of these places will work

As you might have guessed from the venue size, I’m not looking for an arena show with some internationally known act. I want to support some unhygienic road warriors who’ve been living off top ramen and Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Thanks so much guys!

San Jose, uh really nothing. You need to look for Santa Cruz Catalyst shows or venues up in SFO/Oakland.

+1 for The Boardwalk, but man, I hate that place. Not sure about the new owner, but the old one and his staff treated bands like crap.
Honestly haven't been there for a long time, but, yeah I agree that local bands weren't treated all that well.

Honestly haven't been there for a long time, but, yeah I agree that local bands weren't treated all that well.

Me neither. We played there once and I swore we’d never play there again. Then they asked us back and we played one more time. That gig really sealed the deal. NEVER AGAIN!

I know that Quarternote in Sunnyvale (close to San Jose) is interested in bands for weekends provided you drag with you a following, so contact the owner. They have a nice stage and now a good mixer board so you are all set.

Back
Top Bottom