Best Tele for the $$$

If you have the chance, also check out the Tele style Godin - Canadian Guitar. Quality is right up there with US made Fenders, fantastic guitars!
Only buy this S/H because the value drops dramatically if you can sell it at all. So possible bargain .

I have 2 of the Fender JA-90's, they are great guitars, semi hollow with Gibson scale and set neck. I do have mine customized (I changed out the bridge and pups) for what I want to do with them live, but even before that customization when they were stock I loved them. Immediately bonded with them. I should note I'm a single cut guy, my favorite guitars have been a 1956 LP Jr (a real one that was handed down in the family) and 2 PRS SC 250's I had. So maybe a tele purist wouldn't care for these.

I have 2 of the Fender JA-90's, they are great guitars, semi hollow with Gibson scale and set neck. I do have mine customized (I changed out the bridge and pups) for what I want to do with them live, but even before that customization when they were stock I loved them. Immediately bonded with them. I should note I'm a single cut guy, my favorite guitars have been a 1956 LP Jr (a real one that was handed down in the family) and 2 PRS SC 250's I had. So maybe a tele purist wouldn't care for these.

JA's and the FMT (all mahogany and HH) sound like les pauls, not the suggestion for a tele tone hunt lol.

JA's and the FMT (all mahogany and HH) sound like les pauls, not the suggestion for a tele tone hunt lol.
the JA's are P90s which can sound quite nice clean. Also JA is Ash. I did say may not be the tele purist choice, but looking back on what the OP asked I don't feel it's a bad suggestion either.

Hey Guys
mainly a rock player but like to dabble in some modern country and spanky clean tones
there are so many choices and i dont want to spend a fortune like
1500 CAD what would you guys recommend The player , performer ?? not against the made in Mexico
either way just want a decent solid guitar that leans itself more to
keith urban , Andy wood than
Metalllica thanks
I have seen a few people say the Baja Tele & I couldn’t agree more. For the $ , you can’t beat it. I bought mine used for $650, but I think new they are only $900. It is a MIM, but also a custom shop designed model. I don’t see any shortcuts on quality or playability & it is an Awesome looking guitar. I normally play a Les Paul standard & a PRS Custom 10top, so I’m used to spending a lot more on guitars, but wanted a different sound without the price tag. I probably play my tele 25-30% of the time & don’t feel like I’m compromising.
Only thing I would say be aware of is that the neck is a 50’s neck, so a little chunkier than the C shape that seems to be on most Strat & Tele models these days. Not outrageously like the 50’s LP baseball bat necks, but That worked great for me having a LP neck that is in between the 50’s & 60’s cut.
I would at least say play one side by side with the others you are looking & compare.

Back
Top Bottom