Best routing(output1 + 2)

I'm setting up the pedal for my guitarist. I'm using output 1 to go straight to FOH and I want to use output 2 to go straight to a real amp(fender twin or marshall jvm).

I'm using the method in the manual where you put the cab last in the chain, and use the fx loop to route everything to output minus the cab block.

It's sounding a little brittle coming out of the amp, any suggestions or a different technique to get the same thing done?

Thanks!

Are you using the amp block in the preset in front of the real amp? If power amp sims are on, I'd imagine you have a lot of highs and lows piling up.

I'm setting up the pedal for my guitarist. I'm using output 1 to go straight to FOH and I want to use output 2 to go straight to a real amp(fender twin or marshall jvm).

I'm using the method in the manual where you put the cab last in the chain, and use the fx loop to route everything to output minus the cab block.

It's sounding a little brittle coming out of the amp, any suggestions or a different technique to get the same thing done?

Thanks!

Try running into the effects loop on the amp, rather than the front input. This bypasses the preamp of the amplifier and will leave you with raw power. You'll hear alot of people say not to use the cab block on this, but I do (with a slight EQ) and it sounds great. Barely a difference between FOH and my amp/cab. BTW, I'm using a Mesa Mk V25 and a 2x12 Boogie rec cab.

Try running into the effects loop on the amp, rather than the front input. This bypasses the preamp of the amplifier and will leave you with raw power. You'll hear alot of people say not to use the cab block on this, but I do (with a slight EQ) and it sounds great. Barely a difference between FOH and my amp/cab. BTW, I'm using a Mesa Mk V25 and a 2x12 Boogie rec cab.

Yeah that's how I just figured out it sounds best with his setup. It sounds so good through the fx loop. It coming through 2 jvm's was pretty intense haha. Now that I figured out this better routing with axe edit, I need to go change his axe fx to the same way, much easier.

Back
Top Bottom