Best rig setup for fly-in shows?

My band is going to be doing a lot of out of town shows in the U.S and Canada that will require me to travel via commercial airlines. My current live rig is way to bulky to check into baggage.

I've heard great things about the Axe Fx, and I'm thinking it would be perfect for this application. I would have the client provide a half/full stack, then run the Axe Fx into the effects return. Mic the cab, and also run a direct line.

FYI: My band is playing hard rock, with a mix of dirty and clean patches.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

You could get the Matrix power amp which is super light weight and 1 rack space. If you could find a 3 or 4 rack space this would be super easy to transport with Axe Fx.

What I like about the Matrix option is you will not be at the mercy of different heads from night to night. You will have it dialed in and ready to go.

3 space soft bag will go with no problems in planes...that's what I do. Axe-Fx and the power amp. Then use the global eq to match a monitor or speaker cab.

Reactions: jon
As a shomer shobbos Jew (and a fan of the movie you are referencing) I'm a big fan of your screen name

I use a small 3 sp anvil rack with the AxeFX, a backpack with incidentals, clothes, MFC, cables and a wah pedal, and a gigbag with the guitar. I rely on the house to make me audible.

Many countries, many miles, works just fine.

Good luck on your run. Save your receipts for the accountant to adjust your taxes. Trust me on that.

Back
Top Bottom