Best results for AX8 straight into a combo

rdpar

Inspired
Can I get some suggestions for using my axe8 with my 1964 bassman clone. I've been using an atomic 500watt frff cab. I want to go back to a tube amp and use the axe8 for "some" effects. Also some suggestions on using external drive pedals please . Thanks

from the owner's manual:

View attachment 61176
Thanks for the reply. I have a manual. I am looking for other suggestions. Particularly using pedals in front of or after the axe8 for best results. My amp has no fx loop. I tried in vain to use a Friedman dirty Shirley mini with my axe and was not successful in getting the proper tone. Seems to have a very high end harshness to the tone. thanks again for the reply.

Since you are using no amp or cab blocks have you tried adding one effect at-a-time to hear if it is a certain effect causing the harshness?

Thanks for the reply. I have a manual. I am looking for other suggestions. Particularly using pedals in front of or after the axe8 for best results. My amp has no fx loop. I tried in vain to use a Friedman dirty Shirley mini with my axe and was not successful in getting the proper tone. Seems to have a very high end harshness to the tone. thanks again for the reply.
i see. that's all new information that wasn't in the first post, so this can help us help you better.

Back
Top Bottom