Best Practices: Preset Ordering

I just simply the name of the song using the song part of the MFC101 in order of the set.
For example Blue Collar man, Highway star, more Than a Feeling etc. we do 3 sets an 70's set, then a 80's set Rock you like Hurricane, Don't tell me you love me etc.
Each song has 1 or 2 presets but some require 5 presets like Smells like Teen Spirit from Nirvana which has the intro clean sound then a heavy chorus clean sound, then a mild distorted, them full balls to the walls distortion then lead which has a heavy chorus sound.
I'm started to slowly getting into scenes which I really like. I'm using only 3 scenes. With my band I'm using like 15 different amps like the Vox AC 30 for Queens Fat Bottom girls, the Friedman is getting a lot of use for the Marshall stuff which I'm using for Welcome to the Jungle( Guns and Roses), Brown Brit for Rock of ages.
I also have several general presets just for jamming gigs, were I have no clue what the next song will be.So I'll have a Marshall sound, Fender for blues, Über, Recto and Friedman for heavy stuff etc.
00 is a template for making presets, 1-100 for the band sets 101- 150 for general jam settings and the rest for studio recording.

As many others, I used to order them after the song and used song mode with the mfc. But since I switched from using presets to using scenes, there's only one preset per song, so the order doesn't matter to me anymore. :)

This is why I don't have an MFC. Since there is no editor, the setlist mode is much harder to use than it needs to be. On my Axess FX1 (Liquidfoot works this way too) You can make presets anywhere you like. Then group those together as Songs..... then put the songs in setlist order with an editor. The MFC does this too. But reordering the songs manually is a PITA with any controller.

If there was an MFC editor this would no longer be a question.
Hopefully some day Fractal will provide an MFC editor, but in the meantime there is FEdit ...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/63762-fedit-mfc-101-editor-available.html

Back
Top Bottom